Magnum exhaust manifolds on LA

-

DARTDALE

Reaction score
Have any of you folks actually installed Dakota magnum exhaust man. on a LA 318 /360? If so got any reccomendations and or pics.? I am about to do just that, and need a heads up on the install.8)

Have any of you folks actually installed Dakota magnum exhaust man. on a LA 318 /360? If so got any reccomendations and or pics.? I am about to do just that, and need a heads up on the install.8)
Hay neighbor did you find a set of manifolds yet:cheers: or are you talking about the ones I have here for you? I just got some better pictures of them so you can see the shape of them. So you know they will work in you 72 dart.

2222.jpg

22222.jpg

222222.jpg

2222222.jpg

Thanks Memike, good pics. I am starting to find out that they probably will not work in my application.I have power steering and want to keep it. I was reading on another site that a few guys have tried to make them fit ,but couldnt. I sure wish they would fit.

I woul dreally like the hi-po ones from a 340 la engine,but they are pricey $400-600 a set!!

I went ahead and bought the Dakota manifolds because the price was right at the time but they wont go in unless power steering comes out.
Current plan is 73 K-member with dakota p/s rack and pinion through it, the Dakota manilfolds fit and theout and around type front sway bar from a 67 will too. Topped with a fresh 273 commando engine and one flowmaster noise maker.

I woul dreally like the hi-po ones from a 340 la engine,but they are pricey $400-600 a set!!

When I go pick up my offy 4 barrel intake for the /6 I will see if he has a set
at a good price for you on a set of hp 340 manifolds for ya. Considering the good price he gave me on my intake.:cheers: He may have just what you are looking for at a good down home Arkansas price8) It will be Friday when I go get it.8)

I ran a 340 drivers and a 92 jeep on my passenger side. It looks way bigger and better than those magnum manifolds. Its a high flow manifold something like 2.5" output pipe. I removed it when I got a 340 passenger side, only because I got a TTI 340 exhaust kit and didnt feel like hacking up the TTI set to make it fit.

Sean

I ran a 340 drivers and a 92 jeep on my passenger side. It looks way bigger and better than those magnum manifolds. Its a high flow manifold something like 2.5" output pipe. I removed it when I got a 340 passenger side, only because I got a TTI 340 exhaust kit and didnt feel like hacking up the TTI set to make it fit.

Sean

What year A Body were you using them on?

Sorry about the late reply...I thought the thread died.

I was running them on a 68 Cuda 360, automatic, now standard...still fits. I had a pic here somewhere, I have to find it.

The beauty of it all is that Accurate Muffler sold me a head pipe for the drivers 340 and it was a perfect fit, better than the TTI I have now which I am not such a fan of. Most aftermarket shops have a tough time with that bend. The jeep passenger fit like factory, no rt angle filter, nothing, the pipe drops down perfectly parallel to the fire wall. Big 2.5" output. 3/4 - 1" clearance from the SIDE of it to the inner fenders. Looked factory installed.

I still have both of them but it would require you to build a custom from there back, which is a cake walk. I also think I have that 340 manifold gasket new as well.

ONLY reason I cut it out was that I got a good year end bonus, went to 4 speed, got a 340 manifold passenger and put some frame conenctors in, SS tips and some other stuff and I didn't like the system the local muffler guys put in all that well so out it went.

PM if you want
Sean

-
Back