magnum force tubular upper control arms

-

csx452

Reaction score
I ordered a set of Magnum Force tubular upper control arms. The non adjustable ones. A friend told me he had some clearance issues with his when he installed them. Anyone else had this problem? He has a 70 Dart Swinger and I have a 72 Dart Swinger. Just wondering what I'm getting in to here.
Thanks,
Frank

you might need to grind part of the upper arm bump stop....had to do the same with my RMS control arms, took about a minute or two on each side to get clearance...

Let us know how they fit.......i am in the market for another set of UCA for a Dart...

Look them over very closely. They have been know to break. I know of at least 3 people who have had the Magnum Force stuff fail.

i had a set on my challenger and had to make adjustments for clearance and them had problem with breaking no cust service after sale poor weld

I have a pair on my cuda. No problems so far after two years. You do need to cut the rubber bump stop down as stated by 70aarcuda.

i have had the same pair on my car for years now... no problems whatsoever. as stated earlier, you'll need to shorten and relocate the bump stop a little bit.. easy. also, you'll need to trim some material off rear part of the forward mounting bracket, just install the arms and you'll see where it needs trimming for clearance, again pretty easy. you can re-inforce that area later if you want to, but most people don't.

Friend of mine has a set of Magnum Force on his 67 Barracuda for several years now with no problems.

Look them over very closely. They have been know to break. I know of at least 3 people who have had the Magnum Force stuff fail.

Really? Do you have any pictures? and do you just "know of them" or do you actually know them? Sorry, but there's a lot of BS on the internet.

CAP has had some failures that I think everyone is probably aware of, although, since CAP was bought out by QA1 I suspect that will be a thing of the past.

However, I have NEVER heard of any breakage issues with Magnumforce parts. I've personally seen their control arms (although they have a couple of different designs) and I really don't see how they would fail under anything that could be considered normal conditions.

The one that is easy to find on the web is a guy here in the DFW area. He has a 70 Cuda that is white. At the Goodguys in 2010 his failed. I have meet him a couple of times. Not sure what his name is but we spoke about the issue and he swapped his system for a complete Alterkation. The break cost him over 10K his words not mine. The pictures are out there. I do agree there is alot of BS on the web.

-
Back