Magnum head drill jig

-

bobscuda67

Reaction score
Anyone know where I could get a jig for drilling magnum heads for a LA intake manifold? How could I figure out the location for drilling the holes? If I mocked up the heads, head gasket, intake and intake gasket, could I use a center punch and mark the holes close enough to line up? Thanks guys, I know someone will have the answer. Bob

I contacted him a couple of weeks ago. The jig is retired. He said it was
getting loose and sloppy...that he didn't want anyone to ruin their magnum
heads. I broke down and bought a Eddy air gap.

It's hard to find an intake that fits the magnum heads and a 340 block. Does your lntake have the magnum bolt pattern, the angled bypass hose, the bosses for the rv-2 AC compressor and the bosses for the coil bracket? I never seen a photo of a Edelbrock RPM magnum intake. Do you need to change the throttle cable bracket and kick down too? I see those crosswinds chineese knockoffs intakes can be used on LA's or magnum's. I don't want to buy one of those though. Bob

The stock throttle/kick down bracket won't fit on the air gap. I already had the lokar throttle and kick down cables installed, but I tried the stock bracket for kicks. There are a couple of places that sell brackets that I believe are adjustable but I can't remeber if they use the stock kickdown rods and throttle cable. Anyways, figure some extra bucks into the conversion to cover this.

edbux said:
The stock throttle/kick down bracket won't fit on the air gap. I already had the lokar throttle and kick down cables installed, but I tried the stock bracket for kicks. There are a couple of places that sell brackets that I believe are adjustable but I can't remeber if they use the stock kickdown rods and throttle cable. Anyways, figure some extra bucks into the conversion to cover this.

X2

My friend went through that when he bought his Airgap.

edbux said:

That is good to know. I just got a Air Gap RPM for my 340 and I didn't even think about that.

I bought a throttle/kickdown bracket for my magnum's intake on ebay. It worked with the stock '73 Duster's 4 bbl. throttle cable and kickdown linkage. It was around $18 and I think Mancini Racing has them also. I used the Lokar cables on the first Magnum head conversion and I'll probably use them this time around on the current '75 Duster project because the kickdown linkage is hard to find around here.
Bob

Also, the Lokar is sooooo easy to adjust. I tinkered with the factory linkage for a long time and could never get it right. Pu on the Lokar, drove it and made one adjustment.
Been a year now and not a problem.

-
Back