Magnum head gaskets

-

MassDart

Lifelong Dart fan
Reaction score
Okay, so as I'm getting ready to put heads on my freshly machined magnum block (+.060, yes it was sonic checked and is good). I didn't realize it would be as challenging to find head gaskets (like everything else now a days). I'm replicating the mild street build of 67autocross.

I have found a copper gasket in 4.060, with a .032 thickness. Titan Head Gaskets for SB Chrysler | SCE Gaskets - Premium Engine Gaskets

I want to keep the compression ration under control so that I can run normal pump gas. Is .032 going to increase cr enough to be concerned about?

Are there better options out there for head gaskets? I don't see a lot for the Magnum in 60 over.

Thanks,

Doug

The head gasket plays a small roll in the overall compression ratio. Where do your pistons sit? Domed or flat top or dished? Cylinder head cc amount, then head gasket thickness and bore size.

When you ask if .032 is good or bad, no one will ever know. The missing factors I listed above is the missing information needed to know anything for starters.

Also, what cam? This has a huge impact on the dynamic ratio which is more important.

Okay, so as I'm getting ready to put heads on my freshly machined magnum block (+.060, yes it was sonic checked and is good). I didn't realize it would be as challenging to find head gaskets (like everything else now a days). I'm replicating the mild street build of 67autocross.

I have found a copper gasket in 4.060, with a .032 thickness. Titan Head Gaskets for SB Chrysler | SCE Gaskets - Premium Engine Gaskets

I want to keep the compression ration under control so that I can run normal pump gas. Is .032 going to increase cr enough to be concerned about?

Are there better options out there for head gaskets? I don't see a lot for the Magnum in 60 over.

Thanks,

Doug

With a stock type piston you can run any gasket you like with no concerns at all. On mine I use the Mr. Gasket ones that are .028 compressed thickness to try to get a bit more compression.

Stk magnum gasket will work good but are thick. Magnum gaskets are cut to hold push rods in place. You can use LA gaskets and pay attention during assembly. LAs come in all thickness and material flavors.

You can get Magnum gaskets in a decent verity of thicknesses.

What are you saying @Brooks James , that you can’t find a reasonably priced head gasket at Summit with there 227 different part numbers offerings?

77FAB30B-6D17-41B2-A3B1-9B9EDA853450.jpeg
1C8818B3-72B1-4B62-A5E0-80600D020118.jpeg

I’m just saying there availability is there. If you want to be exacting in something, chances are it’ll cost you more and no matter the make, you could end up paying a price.

-
Back