Magnum Heads

-

Robbie2734

Lambcharger
Reaction score
My heads are back from the machine shop, I had some chamber work and mild pocket porting done. These are the new, thicker castings and they are heavy!! Or maybe I'm just getting older. The chambers are 69 cc's, they were 65 c's.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_0007.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 294
The rocker studs are 7/16", looks like plenty of meat on the pads.

Attachments

• IMG_0009.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_0011.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_0012.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_0017.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 314
what heads are those and how much were they? i just got a ram and would like to switch out the old heads before i have issues...

As much as I know they flow decent, and my buddy "bomber" likes them :D:D:D, i just can't get over the visual of that intake.

I'm really just having some fun here, LOL.....They look nice and i'm sure they will work out well for you. :thumbrig: I hope to use Mag's somewhere in the future myself.

Attachments

• IMG_0005.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 313
what heads are those and how much were they? i just got a ram and would like to switch out the old heads before i have issues...

The heads bare aren't too bad, it's the rest that costs. There is a lot of work in these, plus the valves, rockers, guide plates.. I think the bare heads were 550.oo the rest puts it up around the cost of Eddys. These are custom built for the short block. My pistons sit a tad out of the bore and I need to use .050 gaskets to get the dynamic C/R down to 8.6 to 1.

Lmao! 805 ,Engine quest castings. Nice for a Magnum head.

Try out mopar madness! John Wolf, on E bay, Terrific person and really helpful,and is a Mopar man. Ive just ordered a complete set of EQs magnums new 62cc with comps springs,retainers, locks,stainless valves, with the LA bolt patten complete set up with guide plates 1.6 rollers $1,250.Add $150 if your looking to go 202s and duel springs.He will set them up to how you want them.He has the LA type,Magnum type cast Iron,and Eddys Rpms

The rocker studs are 7/16", looks like plenty of meat on the pads.
You sure the lower threads are 7/16"? looks like 3/8" from here. There are studs 7/16"-3/8" BBC that work well in this combo. I've done that conversion for 20 yrs. God the PR pinch looks like crap.lol I have a set in the shop now that look the same,but not when they leave. Looks fine go have some fun.

You sure the lower threads are 7/16"? looks like 3/8" from here. There are studs 7/16"-3/8" BBC that work well in this combo. I've done that conversion for 20 yrs. God the PR pinch looks like crap.lol I have a set in the shop now that look the same,but not when they leave. Looks fine go have some fun.

I had them opened up to 7/16ths, and I'm using Chevy 1.6 roller rockers. The seat pressure is 128lbs so the 7/16 studs aren't really needed. But I can go with bigger springs if I have to and not have to worry. The next step is to mock them up and measure the pushrods. I hear you on the pinch at the intake. We talked about that at the shop. Since this isn't for all out racing I wanted to keep the velocity high, the motor should be a torque monster.

Just pulled a stock lifter apart. Threw some 5/16 lock washers,to make it solid. Works slick.IIRC,a small hyd roller?.

My brother did that on a 58 chev 235. It did sound funny though, but it ran! That was a while ago. Yep on the small roller, this is just a fun car to drive and it needed some more torque. The block is a 90 roller.

FWIW,La stuff ,good in Magnums. Can't go the Magnum cam,in LA....

-
Back