magnum heads

-

jdsduster

Reaction score
im looking at magnum heads from brian (iou812)at imm engines.can i use my stock rockers and pushrods?.it is a 360 magnum crate motor.im no mechanic,but im no dummy,ive never rebuilt an engine but have mechanical abilities.is this a bolt on head? what problems if any will i run into?like i said its a 360 magnum crate motor,that has a hughes 1828(544/228)cam in it,with a eddy rpm air gap.any help and tips will be greatly appreciated .thank you

If your crate is a magnum engine and you're purchasing magnum heads, as long as they're magnum intake pattern, they'll bolt on without changes.

I'd add that if you're buying them from Brian, they're probably exactly what you need and any changes you'd have to make, he'd inform you of them

If your crate is a magnum engine and you're purchasing magnum heads, as long as they're magnum intake pattern, they'll bolt on without changes.

I'd add that if you're buying them from Brian, they're probably exactly what you need and any changes you'd have to make, he'd inform you of them

but ive never put heads on before.i hear things like compressed height,notched pistons,ect.gasket thickness effect compression.are they as simple as bolt on?

You should be asking Brian about this and if you need something, have him get it for you as to be sure it is the right set of parts the first time around.

You should be asking Brian about this and if you need something, have him get it for you as to be sure it is the right set of parts the first time around.

This^^^^. You should keep Brian in the loop as he is supplying your heads and he can advise you best. He's good people.

-
Back