Magnum Help

-

Shamrock--WV2NC

Reaction score
Ok. I know I ask a lot of questions. I always search first but in a lot of cases there are different answers. I really am liking the sound of going with a 360magnum. On quite a few posts I've read people are changing heads because they are cracked or because they think they may crack. Some say run them cracked just don't pull stumps out. If I go with the magnum do I need to swap heads before I do anything else? I already will be switching intakes so I can go carburetor. I just don't want problems down the road. This is just gonna be my weekend car with a few trips a year down the track. But I don't want to work on it every other weekend because I work every other weekend. I want to put this engine in and not worry about getting towed home

Need and might are two different things.
You might, you might not.
If it's too troubling...buy just a short block and get new heads.

IF you can afford new heads, great....
It's not a deal breaker. PERIOD! There are thousands of 5.2/5.9 engines with well over 200k, some even 300k miles that run perfect and most probably have cracked heads. Almost always, they do not crack where it effects anything. Forget It! Don't Worry about it! IF it runs great, doesn't over heat, and it's a smooth, good sounding engine..... Forget the heads! Shall I say it again??? :D

My mind is eased. Thank you. I'm planning on getting all the parts I need to put it in first. That way I when I buy the engine I get the most out of the warranty

-
Back