Magnum Intake

-
I got one just like it I am gonna use on mine. Our local head porter actually likes the Chinese knockoffs. He says the casting is really nice. Same design as the air gap so it oughtta be similar performance.

Got one on mine . 5.9 magnum w carter 750 air cleaner clearance under hood is minimal. Either have to find a dropped outer base or rethink air cleaner option altogether. I am running Schumacker small block to big block k conversion mounts on a direct connection big block k frame . I have about 1 1/2- 2" on top of the carb. Oops.

Says they have more than 10 available so im gonna watch it for it a bit and see if any used ones pops up cheaper for a few days.

165 with free shipping...that is a pretty good price..

Got one on mine . 5.9 magnum w carter 750 air cleaner clearance under hood is minimal. Either have to find a dropped outer base or rethink air cleaner option altogether. I am running Schumacker small block to big block k conversion mounts on a direct connection big block k frame . I have about 1 1/2- 2" on top of the carb. Oops.

I wonder if I will have any more room as I'm just droping a magnum in place of the LA 318?

I have the Crosswind intake on my 360 magnum. One problem I encoutered is the thermostat hole is too big for a stock thermostat. I finally found a subaru thermostat that would fit. The fitting for the bypass is at a 45 degrees angle, which sucks to install the hose. The edelbrock is straight as I recall. Performance wise, I'm really happy with it. The are no flaws in the ports and they match the gasket perfectly. As far as hood clearance, I have a holley street avenger 670, a 1 inch spacer and a dropped base 14x3 air cleaner with no problem (stock 68 dart hood).

I have the crosswind too and overall its been a decent intake. I would only warn against the polished/chrome ones. Before i bought mine i head read that a lot of these knock-off intakes are problematic with that polished/chrome coating.

And a picture i have of mine, please mind the blurryness was a cell phone shot at night under fluorescent light:

Attachments

• IMG-20120208-00194 (1).jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 107
I have no experience with the product, but I do have an experience with the seller, who sold me a polished one (from a 10+ available/buy it now auction), never responded with tracking information, then two weeks later, after being prompted, let me know that they were backordered "for a few months". They refunded my money promptly, but it was a huge annoyance. No idea if the same is true of the natural finish part. That is half the price from Summit tho.

Alright I'm not in any rush to get it I wont be ready for the intake for atleast a month anyway so I'll take a shot at it.

-
Back