Magnum is going away

-

340mopar

Sorgermotorsports
Reaction score
I was just reading on MSNBC that Chrysler is going to eliminate four models thru 2008. The Pacifica, PT convertible, Crossfire and the Magnum.

Looks like the Magnum name (for a car) and stationwagon are going to die again.

Chuck

I'm still crying over the loss of the PT Convertible. Hah! Just Kidding. Its a damn shame though, the Magnum, in my opinion, was one of the best looking wagons out there. Too many people still have to have an suv or minivan I guess. I really think that wagons are a thing of the past.

I'm still crying over the loss of the PT Convertible. Hah! Just Kidding. Its a damn shame though, the Magnum, in my opinion, was one of the best looking wagons out there. Too many people still have to have an suv or minivan I guess. I really think that wagons are a thing of the past.

I think Wagons still have a market - it's still just more of the outdoor enthusiast/camping type. I love my Subaru AWD wagon and would likely get another - or upgrade to something nicer like an Audi, if had the money.

I think the problem with the Magnum is that it was trying to cater to too many types of groups and ended up having too small a niche market. Also, if they are planning on releasing the Challenger (which it sounds like they are), the two models would be competing for some of the same market.

I'll be honest and say I am surprised that a station wagon, thats what it is, even sold the way it did. It could use a update on looks. The model can olny sell so well before the look get used up and , well, may not exactly boring, but, if it isn't a new face, 3 years can be a long time for the same look.

I do think it is better than yearly changes like the old days. Not just little one. Take the GTO for example. 64 - 70 saw a change every year.

I believe if the Magnum got an update,looks, interior, it would pick up again. Not investing in what has sold only to let it wither away and die is a waste of money and shows little faith in what was intially done.

Those who liked it purchased it. Others I know like it somewhat, but are honest in it's outside looks saying, not quite what I was looking for. Others do not like the inside. Boring they say. Nice, but not eye catching.

I'd like one, but it is just not in the wallet. And I will not settle for a 6. HEMI me baby. Since theres no other V-8 choice. Which is also a problem IMO. The ins. companys look at a HEMI name plate and shudder I think. Being a heavy ride, good torque is a mandorty item.

Here in Arkansas I see allot of PT convertibles.
And when I see them parked at there homes they have tarps on them.
It is a 7 mile trip into town and there are two that are parked and covered.
They must have a leak problem.

I probably would have bought a Magnum if it would have seated 6 people. I've got 4 kids (2 sets of twins!) so we have a mini van for now. When the Magnum was introduced I emailed Chrysler to find out if there were any plans for a 3rd seat. They said no & suggested I look at a Durango. Not quite the same thing!

WOW! I thought I'd never meet another person with 2 sets of twins. I'm not, but the oldest. Brothers are next by 2-1/2 years followed by sisters by another 1-1/2 years.

That makes 5 kids under the age of 5 in the house.
Not easy being the oldest.

-
Back