Magnum Serpentine Pictures

-

71scamp78

Reaction score
Would like to see some magnum serpentine pics. I'm trying to decide what set up ton use. Not sure I like the look of the magnum set up..from very few I've seen.

While this is not my engine below, you can at least see what an A/C delete will look like. I personally don’t mind the Magnums single serpentine belt set up. It’s under the hood unseen most of the time. If you bring your car to shows and lift the hood, well, there is always some *** giving there opinion coupled with “What I would do is….” Or “What you should have done is…”

I like the single belt serpentine. They take a long time to wear out and there at every parts store. You just need to know how many ribs and the length.

A9F12675-066E-473A-B9FE-07A6A774E429.jpeg

This is my 360 with a MARCH set up using serpentine belts below.

3E4C4EF7-60BA-4665-86B0-7A2875192C7E.jpeg

While this is not my engine below, you can at least see what an A/C delete will look like. I personally don’t mind the Magnums single serpentine belt set up. It’s under the hood unseen most of the time. If you bring your car to shows and lift the hood, well, there is always some *** giving there opinion coupled with “What I would do is….” Or “What you should have done is…”

I like the single belt serpentine. They take a long time to wear out and there at every parts store. You just need to know how many ribs and the length.

View attachment 1715772045

I know there is an ac delete pulley but I don't see one there. The alternator bracket was the other piece that the ac bolts to cut off or what..I'm not using power steering and that looks pretty good. I don't car what anyone would think if I do use the magnum set up at all..

I have used the March kit before worked well. Is there any cooling issues with it..didn't know since.pulleys were different sizes if it would affect it..
No cooling issues, zero. The rest of the cooling on the E body was a recored OE radiator, repopped fan shroud, MP viscous 5 blade fan and a 50/50 anti freeze mix.

The most power the engine received with this set up was a 360 @ 10.79-1, Edelbrock top end 1-3/4 header with a purple 292 Hyd cam set up. Backed by a 4spd and 4.10’s riding on 28 inch tires.

At one point I was driving this set up as a daily on a 40 mile commute one way (80 miles daily round trip) during NYC rush hour times into Queens on the clogged Hwy/pkwy. It was a 1 way, 1 hour (sometimes plus) commute.

The only thing that sucked was the competition clutch.

No cooling issues, zero. The rest of the cooling on the E body was a recored OE radiator, repopped fan shroud, MP viscous 5 blade fan and a 50/50 anti freeze mix.

The most power the engine received with this set up was a 360 @ 10.79-1, Edelbrock top end 1-3/4 header with a purple 292 Hyd cam set up. Backed by a 4spd and 4.10’s riding on 28 inch tires.

At one point I was driving this set up as a daily on a 40 mile commute one way (80 miles daily round trip) during NYC rush hour times into Queens on the clogged Hwy/pkwy. It was a 1 way, 1 hour (sometimes plus) commute.

The only thing that sucked was the competition clutch.

I can't believe only 360 hp with those heads..stock will do that..what gives

I know there is an ac delete pulley but I don't see one there. The alternator bracket was the other piece that the ac bolts to cut off or what..I'm not using power steering and that looks pretty good. I don't car what anyone would think if I do use the magnum set up at all..
Zoom in on the alternator on the right side and note that the A/C portion of the bracket is not there. That is a factory bracket without A/C. IDK if the pulley placement below it is the A/C delete pulley or properly placed.

Im using P/S on my car with the Magnum, so, I’m not sure of belt routing at this point. Perhaps, routing the Helton top of the idler pulley there instead of under is a solution? IDK, this is a good question!

I can't believe only 360 hp with those heads..stock will do that..what gives
I didn’t say it made 360 hp. That is the CID of the engine. I have no idea what kind of hp it made. I can only say that it did run mid to low 12’s in a ‘73 Cuda, 4spd w/4.10’s on a 28 inch tire slightly lighter than delivered from the dealer.

If someone has a calculator and plugs in the numbers, that would be great. The car raced and weighed in at or around 3200 with me in it.

Would like to see some magnum serpentine pics. I'm trying to decide what set up ton use. Not sure I like the look of the magnum set up..from very few I've seen.

Here's my '68's serpentine set-up. On a related but not yet mentioned note, many claim you have to run the van power steering bracket in our cars or the power steering pulley will hit the battery, that's just not entirely true.

I used the more common power steering bracket, trimmed my battery tray and used a narrower battery.

Airbox2.JPG

View attachment 1715772090

999.jpg

20210727_090610(1).jpg

Click on my avatar to get the photo garage. My set up has A/C no power steering.

-
Back