Magnum swap accessories question

-

stryker63

Reaction score
An apology if this has been addressed elsewhere.

I am swapping a ’99 5.2L (from a Ram 1500) into a ’73 duster and will be keeping the serpentine accessory belt system. I have the brackets for alternator and power steering pump (I will use the A/C bypass) which I got through a local salvage yard (also from a truck).

I’m still rather new to this so my question is this. As my Duster already has P/S will I be able to use my existing P/S pump from the Duster with a serpentine style pulley, or will I have to buy an appropriate pump for this engine? And if I do have to switch to a new pump are there P/S hoses out there which will work?

Second – what is involved with switching to a new alternator suitable for this setup?

Any insight would be appreciated, thanks.

You should be able to hook the factory steering box directly to the magnum ps pump. I did.
Note:I did use a van ps bracket to keep my battery tray.

Hook the two field wires from the oe alternator to the two small leads on the new alternator, and the battery lead to the big lug on the new alternator. Done deal.

NOW is the time to bypass the firewall bulkhead. Do a search.

Yep, what jos5170 said.
I'd doing my 5.9 into 68Dart swap right now and I'm planning on keeping the serpentine setup, including the magnum alternator and power steering pump.

yep, used the magnum pump in my 72 dart as well. mine was a slant 6 so the pressure hose was wrong. went to china zone and bought a hose for a v8 and worked perfectly.

China Zone....lol
LMAO!

Double super like!

'79 - B body install

image.jpg
image.jpg

-
Back