Magnum swap w/ A-833

-

d1zzy_duster

Reaction score
well I am trying to swap my 98 magnum 360 into my 73 duster and would like to keep the A-833 in it. What do I do about the flywheel? I found that centerforce makes one and MP makes one, but up here in Canada they are both 2-3 weeks away and $500-$700. I found online Brewers Performance makes a weight kit to convert a neutral balance to a counter balance but does a bigger company that I could find stock in Canada with make these?

Or is there a different way?

I picked up the magnum from the junk yard and it didn't come with a flexplate/flywheel so how would I get my neutral one balanced at a shop?

You need to call American powertrain. They have the wheel you need with the timing notches cut into it, balanced for the 5.9, with the clutch pattern and ring gear for the 833.

Pm me if you're interested in aluminum flywheel for the above.

Just a heads up; If you are in a hurry with a project like this, I fear you will be setting yourself up for disappointment. For me I adopted the attitude that "it takes however long it takes". It was 2.5 years to registered and driving. Its been 15 years since, and its not finished yet. Mostly but not quite. Jus saying.

McLeod sells a flywheel that takes bolt on weights, the nice thing is if you change a motor, just change the weight for the correct balance.

Summit, Brewers, Jeg's all sell it, but it around $350

McLeod sells a flywheel that takes bolt on weights, the nice thing is if you change a motor, just change the weight for the correct balance.

Summit, Brewers, Jeg's all sell it, but it around $350

^^^^^^^^^^^ I used this and it worked beautifully with zero vibration in my 68 valiant. 250.00 salvage yard motor, crosswind intake, 750 3310 holley, 4 pin gm ignition conversion, centerforce clutch, stock magnum cam. runs its *** off for what it is. The motor is fun fun fun

there is a plate you can get here to balance it as well, I got one from Lordco, I think it was made by Mr. Gasket, I cant seem to find the one I had but I could look for the part number later if you need it and it was cheap, like 25 bucks or so, I believe it actually came out of Mopac in Langley B.C. to Lordco

there is a plate you can get here to balance it as well, I got one from Lordco, I think it was made by Mr. Gasket, I cant seem to find the one I had but I could look for the part number later if you need it and it was cheap, like 25 bucks or so, I believe it actually came out of Mopac in Langley B.C. to Lordco

Maybe was it the Mcleod 450016? I can't find enough info on it to know if it will fit my oem 130 tooth flywheel?

Hi sorry to be so slow to reply, I have been real busy and couldn't find the one I have, it's made by Quick Time the part number is RM-531 like I said Lordco had to bring it in for me but they got it in a day for less than $25.00 on my wholesale account

-
Back