Magnum Valve Cover Risers

-

Orangepeel

Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in 1/2" thick 6061 aluminum valve cover risers? They would be cut on cnc mill. I thought even possibly o-ring grooves to ditch gaskets? I have never used risers but have seen on a big block Chevy. I see double the potential for leaks tho..... Not sure im gonna make them but kicking it around since tall magnum covers are like 200 on eBay. Shoot I might still just move baffles up in my covers yet. Im just a fan of stock magnum valve covers. Thoughts?

I was thinking about doing this. I have magnum eddys and although I have not installed them, I have Jomar stud girdles for the rocker studs. The nuts do not clear with the covers I have. You might consider waterjetting the risers. My brother and I have a small manufacturing facility and about 30% of our machined parts are waterjet. You can get as close as .003" on tolerances. Of course if you wanted to oring, you would have to do a second op with the CNC.

I melted my baffles out with a torch, gave them a quick grind inside where the welds were, then blasted and washed them, painted to match. I like the look of them and they clear the comp cams 1.6 magnum roller tip rockers I have on the engine quest heads.

Magnum valve cover risers

Attachments

• 2014041695095237.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 228
I'm not really a fan of stock valve covers myself but I do like the MP units.
The MP units do not clear aftermarket roller rockers?
How much if you make them?

Sadly as of right now I don't see any Mopar parts being machined in near future. Was gonna try sneaking a few more sets into production, But after my set was such a hassle to get done since its so busy I was just happy I could finally have my new engine together. LS has pretty well taken over the Performance market so focus is in that direction and those parts........

-
Back