Magnum Valve Cover Spacers

-

64physhy

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to find valve cover spacers for Magnum Heads? I have a Jomar stud girdle on mine, so stock covers aren't even close to fitting. I've heard of making them from wood, but not too sure about that.

I don't know about spacers but stock LA valve covers will go on a Magnum head and there are those big tall W7 style cast aluminum covers that MP sold. I don't know if they still do. They were expensive and heavy though, about 6 lbs. each I think. The sealing surface does get kind of skinny at the corners but I understand that they will seal. I don't have any personal experience with that though.

I have read that LA covers will fit. I test fit some regular LA covers on them, and there is very little sealing surface at the ends because the LA covers are rounded more. Maybe some of the Fabbed covers would have a little more sealing surface than stock ones.

How much more room do you need? Would doubling up on the gaskets help?

How much more room do you need? Would doubling up on the gaskets help?
I need about 3/4". If i take the baffles out, I can get a little, but even with doubled up gaskets, it won't be enough. The locks for the girdle are a lot taller than regular locks.

I have read that LA covers will fit. I test fit some regular LA covers on them, and there is very little sealing surface at the ends because the LA covers are rounded more. Maybe some of the Fabbed covers would have a little more sealing surface than stock ones.

I have been running cast alumium LA covers on magnum heads for 30k miles now and have not had a drop leak past the gasket. I am using MP steel cored rubber gaskets and have had the covers off several times and reused the gaskets.

Does anyone know where to find valve cover spacers for Magnum Heads? I have a Jomar stud girdle on mine, so stock covers aren't even close to fitting. I've heard of making them from wood, but not too sure about that.

I have a nice set of Aluminum Fab Covers with Cometic Gaskets and Allen Bolts that will clear the Jomar Girdles. I will sell them to you if you want them.

$200.00 plus shipping. Baffles are installed in them already. They are WAY nicer than the CHEAP Pro Comp ones!!

They have NEVER been ran just used for Mock up!

IMG_0526.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

-
Back