Magnum Valvr covers

-

siacs

Reaction score
I am looking for some aftermarket valve covers for my 5.9 Magnum engine. Does any one know where I can find some that are not 150 +? I have seen the ones that Mopar offers and that is great but very expensive .
I read in another post that you could use the non magnum vale covers. Anyone have any experience with this. Does it work? Work well ? What gaskets? etc.
Thanks from Tucson

Wow, I thought somebody would have some covers. I looked at Summit
and they have the MP covers only. I bought a set 6 months ago and didn't realize they were so spendy. No wonder my bill at the local Mopar dealer was about $1000. My simple Magnum heads on a LA 318 project is starting to cost some serious coinage. I love it! toolmanmike

I don't blame you. I had a list of part numbers out of a book and didn't
price the stuff out before I ordered it. toolmanmike

I use LA covers on my Magnum heads. I have a set of of the cast MP covers that were given to me.

The LA cover works just fine. I have been using the MP LA valve cover gaskets (rubber laminated to a steel core) which are re-usable and have had no leak issues.

I have heard people say you need to plug the unused holes but I didn't and as I stated above not a drop has leaked out.

That is what I wanted to hear....... Now I just need to find a pair that I like!!

i heard that *looks around...you can use chevy covers also...but not deff.

Steve

-
Back