Magnum with OEM EFI Throttle cable?

-

player1up

Reaction score
For those of you running the OEM throttle body on your magnum, what did you do for the throttle cable where it attaches to the pedal?

I've already changed over to a square hole in the firewall for the OEM magnum cable, but it has a funny setup on the end of it. It has a sleeved washer crimped on the end with a plastic thing under it, then about 3/4 " down it has a ball to keep it from going too far into the sheath.

See pic, The issue is that when the cable is connected to the throttle body, that little ball is right up against the plastic housing so I can't use that to clip into the pedal...

Attachments

• cable_end.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 163
hey mat, i'm going to have to do the same thing so, was wondering if we could somehow get the ram peddle to work? dave.

I've gotta get out to the junk yard and see what it looks like. I can't seem to find the throttle pedal assembly in the 2000 Dakota service manual that I have....

Yeah well I've got something else to worry about in the mean time.
Apparently I've got some issue with the kick down cable not letting
the throttle open all the way.... always something

Post some pics if you can

well, i checked the ram and i dont see any way to use the pedal as it's about a foot and a half long. the dakota might be smaller. or maybe a jeep cherokee. check with badass and see what he used.

I used a factory throttle cable from a 2001 5.9 Durango intake and throttle body in my '68 Barracuda. Make sure you are routing the cable correctly, it is long and loops forward near the A/C pump before going back to the firewall.

I had to modify the factory firewall cable hole from a round shape to a square shape, remove the plastic bits near the throttle pedal end of the cable and then crimped a ferral, used to assemble steel fishing leaders, just before the factor ferral. It fits and works beautifully. I'm running a Lokar kickdown cable with a 727 for now.

Attachments

• IMG_3278 (Large).jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 110
Thanks all, I just ended up using a standard cable stop from the local auto parts store crimped onto the end of the Dakota cable...and I'm using the stock kickdown cable that came with the engine because I'm using the 46RE. I'm still doing body work at the moment, but it runs, and moves around the garage under it's own power.

-
Back