magum heads and solid roller on LA360

-

AbodyJohn88

Reaction score
what changes need to be made to put magnum heads on a la360, also with a solid roller??

no i wouls be using either edelbrock magnum heads, or hughes fully ported magnum iron rams on a la360 block.

or brian, if you could provide me some lift numbers on a set of your fully ported rhs x heads it would probably be easier to bolt up and i could get them straight from you. from hughes a the ported magnum iron rams flow 297cfm at 600 lift. brian how do your rhs x heads stack up flow wise? i know your a guru and do great work with those heads.

The full ported versions flow about the same (high 290's) and I use Comp's 1.350 solid roller springs. Cost is 2800.00 with the spring upgrade.
The edelbrock's have larger rocker stud holes so they are a better option IMO for solid roller.
I just did a set last month and they went 298cfm with a 2.08 valve. Those are about 3200.00 with Ferrea valves, 1.550 roller springs, and all the porting/machine work.

thanks for the infro brian. i think i read a car craft write up somewhere that u built a 408 stroker with just touched up rhs heads and a hyd ft cam. i think it made 485hp and 520lbft? iirc. how much would your fully ported la x heads, with springs just for a similar style hyd flat tappet cam run?? also how much more power do you think you could get out of that setup with a full ported set of rhs x heads and a larger hyd ft cam to match the heads..... i know its alot of questions but i apreciate all the help mr guru : ). after this ill defanitly get a set of your full ported rhs x heads, and a hydraulic flat tappet cam specd by you. so i can just bolt ev erything up and run!!

thanks for the infro brian. i think i read a car craft write up somewhere that u built a 408 stroker with just touched up rhs heads and a hyd ft cam. i think it made 485hp and 520lbft? iirc. how much would your fully ported la x heads, with springs just for a similar style hyd flat tappet cam run?? also how much more power do you think you could get out of that setup with a full ported set of rhs x heads and a larger hyd ft cam to match the heads..... i know its alot of questions but i apreciate all the help mr guru : ). after this ill defanitly get a set of your full ported rhs x heads, and a hydraulic flat tappet cam specd by you. so i can just bolt ev erything up and run!!

The heads fully ported are 2350.00. Same springs. I would just change that 295HL's lca to 108 and run it.

thanks brian thats the route im going to go. your fully prepped la x heads, and that hyd ft cam specd by you. hope to be intouch soon!!!

-
Back