Main bearing cap broken how to repair

-
I would agree the pump can and will move eventually failure maybe and maybe not. I liked the idea of having it drilled and pinned into place, this would solve the problem of having it to move at all.

But my concerned is having a hole where there should none. If you take the rear main off and install the oil pump and hold the pump and cap upright you will have a small “well' oil pools here, this a course will keep oil to the lower oil distributor shaft to pump input shaft. Also the oil that's in the “pocket” will lub the pump shaft and also serves as an oil seal to help the pump from cavitation. Look again at the pictures you will see the old oil stains where oil has pooled. I know the oil is thrown every different direction and there is a oil tornado going on in the block, but is there such a thing happening... engine starting up cold ? Several of the pumps I have worked on have the output oil pressure plumped around the pump shafts before it exits the unit, mainly for cavitation purposes.

But again, “Run the Piss out of It.

LMAO
That sounds easy today,wait til you're sixtyish and a kidney-stone gets in the way.
Don't be in a rush to find a wife, lol. It seems young ones today can't cook, and they will feed you into an early grave. And they all just wanna have fun. Wait until they are older and get some sense.Life is not all fun.
Some do not get any sense even when older lmao.

I'd deburr the broken edge with a rotary file or stone to make sure no stress risers for cracks. Then run it. That aligns the pump during the bolting on. Once the pump is bolted on, it's along for the ride. As there is enough there to do that job I woudlnt worry about it. Just clean up the broken edge.

-
Back