Main Bearing help

-
That I wont have enough idel pressure.
maybe when I prime the motor, if the pressure is low....thats when Ill make the decision to go to Hv if really needed becasue Im going to add a HP spring to my stock pump right now anyways

I think that I will switch to 1/2 groove for the face that it offers more area for the crank on the cap side and that the full arent needed for this app. and i read somewere on BBD that someone used them and when he went to do a refresh on the motor his crank looked terrible

Why are you concerned with idle oil pressure? Are you going to be racing it at idle?

My personal opinion would be to run a stock pump with a slightly higher pressure spring. Keep the clearances within factory specs and feed the engine an ACEA A1/A5 rated 10w30 full synthetic oil. But it's your engine.

What he said. Just get it well broken in before going with synthetic. And keep the bearings you have, they'll work fine.

I just want my bottome end to live for long, and its not going to be raced much and I feel that the 1/2 groove is what I should have went with in the begining. The full are for racing and offer better oiling while the 1/2 are for more long term. I dont want to have to switch the mains out more offten that needed.

The groove length will make little if any difference in engine bearing life. In fact they typically used full groove bearing in trucks to aid longevity.

I wish I would "accidentally" get full groove bearings more often. I've spent extra in the past.

can i use 2 5/16 washers in my oil pump to build oil pressure?

the cost of it and shipping from summit or ebay is like 10-15

Just a warning,you have to put a small hole in the cup plug that covers the spring in order to get it out. Once you do that the plug is no longer usable,it has to remain sealed or the pump will not build pressure.

ya, I just ordered the 1/2 groove so i will be using these and stock bearings. Will be selling the full groove or holding on to them

-
Back