Main bolts

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
Putting a 440 together. I have a windage tray id like to use. What ARP bolts work with that. All ive seen is the ARP 140-5001 but seen they dont work with windage tray. I dont want to go to studs. Should i just go with out the windage tray?

Putting a 440 together. I have a windage tray id like to use. What ARP bolts work with that. All ive seen is the ARP 140-5001 but seen they dont work with windage tray. I dont want to go to studs. Should i just go with out the windage tray?

The windage tray bolts between the block and oil pan. It has nothing to do with the main cap bolts.

You are right rob never thought of it that way. But in the discription it says they dont work with windage tray http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ARP-140-5001/ is there a different type of tray they are refering to?

I think that's some of Summit's crappola. I think that just means that a windage tray will not bolt TO the main caps....whoever wrote that up obviously doesn't know how a big Mopar goes together.

Sounds like they got mixed up with a small block which DOES need special bolts

1z20hs8.jpg

The windage tray bolts to the mains on a small block. Just know that if you using the windage tray in small block that the milodon mains work no problem, but the arp bolts require you to drill/open the windage tray holes some in order to bolt it up. That said I'd drill the tray because strength is super important.

-
Back