Maine Mopars?

-
Well, just trying to resurrect this thread but Im in the portland area and recently purchased a 65 cuda that Ill be doing a work on. Im interested in any swap meets, mopar shows etc that might be going down. Any of you guys still out there?

yeah I'm up in Rangeley! Should have my car road ready in about another month.

Brad

Well, just trying to resurrect this thread but Im in the portland area and recently purchased a 65 cuda that Ill be doing a work on. Im interested in any swap meets, mopar shows etc that might be going down. Any of you guys still out there?

Not to much for swap meets in Maine, especially with Mopar parts. Hotkars.com has a list of shows, cruises, etc. in Maine/NH.
Darling's Chrysler in Augusta has a Mopar show in Sept.. NE Dragway has had an all Mopar day, not sure when this year- they have changed it a few times. Lots of Mainers go. The New England guys over on Moparts.com have the annual summer cruise happening June 11. Starts in Hampton Beach NH and goes from there. Several Maine folks go including myself.

Howdy from Hudson, Maine, about 15 minutes northwest of Bangor. Good to see so many Mainers on here.

How about some progress info from the guys around our state...or what car drive train....cool mods and what not....hope everybody has a wonderful Thanksgiving
Frank

1966 Hemi Charger
1970 340 Dart

Attachments

• DSCN2468.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 196
I’m from the Bangor area.

My summer driver:
1967 Dart GT, 225/6, oversized valves, ported, 9.5 cr., big cam, Clifford headers & intake, duel exhaust, Holley 390, electronic ignition, 2400 stall converter, 8 ¾” Suregrip 3.55:1, 0.940" torsion bars, 6 leaf rear springs, sub frame connectors, KH front disk – 10” rear drums, tubular UCA, 1 1/4” sway bar.

100_0683-1-1.jpg
100_0689.jpg

100_1459.jpg

This winter I have an engine compartment rewire project under way, grill is off for buffing and painting, new windshield gasket to be installed, and perhaps a 904 freshening.

wjajr you must be the guy that also has the lebaron that I ran into at Springfield....hopefully I am right.... loving all the mopars on here from our little state

Yup, thats me.

The Dart had a last minute new electronic voltage regulator meltdown that morning, and people were waiting in the driveway to head up to Springfield, so I just took the K Car rather than frig with the electrical repair.

I got the grill all slicked up and installed, wiring project done, trunk detail completed, and rebuilt tail light housings including new gaskets.

Now I think I’ll pull the transmission to replace the front clutch pack, and freshen up its internals.

First car show of the year is in Waldoboro at the high school first Sunday of May: http://cruisemaine.net/cgi-bin/calendar.pl?month=5&view=Event&event_id=463
It’s a big show.

Yeah it's a great show, sometimes a little brisk though:D. I've gone for the last 5-6 years but I may have to miss this year with company coming.:protest:

Pittston here.. near Augusta for those who dont know.. recently picked up a 73 Duster with a 440 in it.. original Virginia car.. all original sheet metal.. heres a few pictures.. and there are a few other Dusters and a Duster that has a Demon front end in a 20 mile radius from me here..
000_7396.jpg

Duster056.jpg

Ah, close to my old stomping grounds. I was born and lived in Gardiner. I am now in Meeechigan.

Not far from Augusta...hoping to have my 75 Duster out of Rejuvenation by next Summer for daily driving to work, no matter what the cost of gas is...

-
Back