Make Your Own Paint Spray Bottle

-

dibbons

Reaction score
Purchased this "kit" at the local ACE Hardware store. Saved the day when I wanted to finish painting inside an inaccessible area on our double steel metal driveway gates. I just made sure to add more thinner than usual to the black oil based metal paint. The duration of the spray cartridge was adequate for my purpose.

IMG_0107.jpg

The first time I saw one of those was in the mid 70's. I went to work at my Dad's parts store, and we sold automotive paint, "Acme." He always had a couple of those in stock, and we sold a few, here and there

How do they work for big panels? I have 2 doors to paint.

Interesting. Never heard of that before.

I'd think the box was something out of the 80s if not for the QR code on top.

How do they work for big panels? I have 2 doors to paint.
I sprayed a fender on my Trans Am back in 1991 using one of these. The paint went on OK and I did it with a single aerosol unit, but don't expect spray-gun results. You'd need to color-sand it a little before buffing. It's not really orange peel, it's just not perfectly smooth. The guy to whom I sold the car crashed the balls off it about a year later, and no paint jumped off. I still have a piece of that fender in my garage.

I sprayed a fender on my Trans Am back in 1991 using one of these. The paint went on OK and I did it with a single aerosol unit, but don't expect spray-gun results. You'd need to color-sand it a little before buffing. It's not really orange peel, it's just not perfectly smooth. The guy to whom I sold the car crashed the balls off it about a year later, and no paint jumped off. I still have a piece of that fender in my garage.
My biggest concern is that it coats evenly and doesn’t look striped. Metal doors and oil based paint. I’ve already painted 4 sheets of plywood with that paint and its got to look better than rolling it on like I did with the plywood.

-
Back