makes you wonder....

-
Reaction score
makes you wonder if all supposed r & d 'so to speak' was all just dribble...

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=33223

1st the #'s on the magnums are high on the intake side for any other tests I've seen as 'stock' or 'bowl blended and nothing else', while the exhaust is average to lowish as well. Besides saying lil about the work done to the exhaust ports to go from 132 to 190's??, but he then mentions some j heads he did and posted the #'s as follows...

.100 91 89
.200 184 133
.300 222 176
.400 239 191
.500 283 196
.600 276 201

now that is a fk's up port to be losing that much velocity/flow, I mean...see how it's unbelievably massive till .300 and then fizzles out till .500, then picks up stalls?
The .100, .200, .300 #'s seem bogus/bs to me.
I bet they really shut off at .450 lift, no matter where the concentration went to 'low lift or what, how do you pick up over 100cfm from .100-.200 and then only another 48cfm from .200-.300, and then only 17cfm from .300-.400....and then miraculously gain 44cfm again from .400-.500?????

my point is the short turn is pretty jacked to stall out, especially that low of lift and then come back.
I usually have only seen this at or above .5-.550 lift.

I just saw this and am posting my initial thoughts, while I already knew the j heads are better, just suspicious of the numbers since I've seen slightly higher #'s on the mag exhaust but lower numbers on the mag intake, and with a 5 angle VJ..

You guys have any thoughts on this?

I can't find the thread now but BJR doesn't have much credibility around here anymore after he shafted Mad Dart. You can ask Mad about his work. Brian (OU812) can attest to it. I also sold some J heads to a guy that I truly believe were completely original and he had me send them to BJR and he told the guy they were rebuilder heads that had valves with oversize stems so it needed new guides and valves. Also said the valves were sunk bad and even though I didn't look at them super close I did a quick visual and don't believe they were anywhere as close to as bad as he said. I know positively they didn't have oversize stems like rebuilders use cause I mic'd them.

Well I don't wonder anymore. I know for a Damn Straight fact that Mr. BJR is FOS! Funny thing is he had about everyone fooled except for a few guys! He did an acadamey award winning performance and got the BIGGEST TROPHEY EVER allotted for Bullshittinnnnnnnnnn & being a Poser in the history of the FABO world!!

Unfortunately it was at my expense.

I think what you may find is that the airspeeds are up a bit on Magnums vs X/J/915s. It's not that they flow a ton at peak, but the speed gets them flowing stronger until they run out of volume and the volume can only go so large because of the pushrod pinch design. IMO, the most important part of using a Magnum head is not overall flow, but the much better chamber shape in regard to pump fuel/street engines. However, that is offset by pricey Magnum valvetrain, lack of intake choices, and the lack of springs to fit decent sized cams. I plan on using re-drilled Magnums on my truck's 360. But I have no plans to use any other Magnum variant on anything else. I like the RHS LA-X heads... They have the chamber, and the faster ports, but LA intake and rockers. If Brian was closer to the East coast I'd be much more inclined to use them...lol.

I should probably add that I ws questioning Bobby's numbers publically a long time ago and really, comparing anyone's individual flow results isnt really accurate anyway. Same bench, same operator, at the same time, and you can compare numbers.

-
Back