making a headliner

-

kielbasavw

Reaction score
Headliner in my 65 valiant is non existant except for the pieces wedged in the creases all around. I thought it would be a cool project to mess with. Don't really want to spend money on having a shop do it. Intierior isnt that nice just a generic diy would work fine.

I have all the bows and my gf sews.. she could do the slots for the bows. Any tips and possibly pictures of 65 valiant headliners?

If you had the original you could mark the panels a.b.c.d.e. cut them apart and have a pattern. Without a pattern... A whole lot of measuring might get something close.
Good luck

Headliner in my 65 valiant is non existant except for the pieces wedged in the creases all around. I thought it would be a cool project to mess with. Don't really want to spend money on having a shop do it. Intierior isnt that nice just a generic diy would work fine.

I have all the bows and my gf sews.. she could do the slots for the bows. Any tips and possibly pictures of 65 valiant headliners?

kielbasavw

Check out Legendary or Year One before you go buying material to make that headliner. You may find out it's comparable in price. Plus the proper headliner material may not be available to you locally.

FYI - After installation the headliner requires some heat or steam to shrink or tighten the headliner material to help with fit and to remove the wrinkles.

I've installed two headliners from kits and they both turned out very nice. But you have to follow the instructions to the letter. Before headliner kits were commercially available from the aftermarket I took the route you intend to take and it was a mild disaster.

sscuda
:glasses7:

-
Back