mallory unilite disassembly

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
Anyone know a good tech artical or video that tells how to tear down a unilite distributor? I was able to get the moduel out and the top plate but after that i couldnt get to the springs and such...

This is as far down as i can get it. I think to get the rest out i have to remove the pin from the bushing at the bottom of the housing to slide the shaft off. Not even sure I need to? It spins free and i can see the springs are hooked up. i shot it with some WD 40. maybe just new cap rotor and module would do it?

Attachments

• dist.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 664
that does help a bit. Looks like I was right and the roll pin on the bottom is the key. How ever in that thread on that forum he dissassembled because his didnt spin. Mine spins just fine. Which is what i was saying about not sure if i even need to go into the bottom. I can see the springs are hooked up and mind is vacuum advance. Its a mallory 47 series Unilite. Im thinking about replacing the cap, rotor and module and giveing it another go.

A light synthetic oil is a much better lubricant than WD40. I have found WD40 gums up overtime. Results vary. While short term it seems to work, long term is like using polyurethane varnish as a lubricant.

the WD was just to clean and get things and make sure things are moving good. The springs and weights seem to move just fine so now im going to assemble and put a new module and cap and rotor see if that fixes it. Just wanted to rule out anything on the bottom

-
Back