Man... I must have a hole in my head!!!!!

-
Great find! I picked up a '70 H-code Duster on Friday that I just happened to run across. I already got my hands full but I just can't seem to quit buyin' these d--- things! I think I've had 21 or 22 Mopars of different types in the last 10 years!

This vert I bought a few weeks ago, well, I spent some time on it today, changing the oil, removing the bumpers and some of the trim. Anyway, while driving it around I notice on the steering wheel horn bezel " Golden Anniversary 1924 to 1964. Anyone get me up to speed on this?

1964 only...

If they were still making them, this year would be the golden anniversary of the Valiant.

So what kind of trim did the 40th anniversary have?

Horn button.was it, all 64 Dodges had it. To the best of my knowledge there was no "Golden Anniversary Package" although AA1 paint was popular.

Horn button.was it, all 64 Dodges had it. To the best of my knowledge there was no "Golden Anniversary Package" although AA1 paint was popular.

AA1?? Was that silver? My 64 sedan didn't have it.

...,,or some non mopar guy that would of used it as a beater,,,,,hats off to you,,...

So, what's the point?
At least it's running and surviving, not sitting rotting away like 90% of the old stuff is/has/will be.
If everyone who has 5 old mopars just sitting around, rotting, had just ONE going, to heck with what it looks like, just as a "beater", people would be having flashbacks wondering what happened, so many old Mopars would be on the road.

All of the Mopar vehicles I own are "beaters", it's all I can afford and when they die, they get sold or parted, or parted and sold and a few meet the good old MASHER, most deservingly so.

I have a '74 Duster that most likely is heading in that direction very shortly and I hope the POS dies a hard death, too.
It's demise would also mean that something else gets to rise.
Vindication can be a good thing.

Mark.

Sweet man. Hope to see you parked with the rest of the ragtops at SpringFling.

yep I have 3 holes in my head. :)

Sweet man. Hope to see you parked with the rest of the ragtops at SpringFling.

yep I have 3 holes in my head. :)

The plan is to have it ready for Springfling next year. I would like to drive it down and do the cruise down the coast.

Here are some pics. I took off the shreaded top today, cleaned the frame and painted it block. The new top and all the associated items are on order. I need to get some steel wheels next.
It's hard to own just one mopar. Hey did you fix that trunk trim that's upside down? HEHE Jayson

The trim between the backup lights. The triangle is upside down. Jayson

I just looked again at the pic, good eye. I never noticed. All that trim is coming off shortly to get ready for bodywork and paint.

So what kind of trim did the 40th anniversary have?
Check this out: http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/dodge/dart?
I'm not sure if this link will work...but give it a try. There was an "anniversary gold" option for the interior, exterior, or both. But this is the best example that I've come across. Mine has the anniv. gold interior. I believe it was only available on GT's. Not positive on that though. Other than that and the horn cap it was standard GT trim as far as I know...
I just tried the link and it works...when you get to the page click on 1964....

Check this out: http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/dodge/dart?
I'm not sure if this link will work...but give it a try. There was an "anniversary gold" option for the interior, exterior, or both. But this is the best example that I've come across. Mine has the anniv. gold interior. I believe it was only available on GT's. Not positive on that though. Other than that and the horn cap it was standard GT trim as far as I know...
I just tried the link and it works...when you get to the page click on 1964....

Thanks. The horn button on mine has the 40th Anniversery inscription. The interior looks like it was changed to red

I brought a 1964 Gt from a guy that got it new and it was gold on the outside and gold interior it is now brite red with black interior with a 5.9 Fuel injection with a 518 overdrive and a 3:91 posi

-
Back