Man I would love to find this....

-

FURY440

Reaction score
I ran into this video and would like to convert my 66 to this interior. Center console and buckets like this one. Maybe the Mopar nats next year will have the center console. Would anyone know if this console is just 66 Valiant only? If not what other cars did this come in? Would anyone have some pictures of this console?

The coffin shaped consoles came out in 66 and were used in A bodies into the mid 70's (I don't know the last year) These consoles come up for sale here quite often. A conversion gets pretty involved though. You will need a floor hump and all the shifter linkage which the brackets are welded onto the floor. (for automatic cars)
100_4680.JPG

I recently bought all parts to convert my car to the bucket seat console setup. Payed around $450 for seats, manual steering column, console, and auto shifter w/ all linkages. Still need to get the console brackets and bucket seat reinforcement plates. So the parts are out there! It just depends on if you can find them at a reasonable price like I did.

Yes the optional bucket seats & console make a nice interior.
Your best bet would be a '66 parts car, with a Barracuda being your best bet but a Dart or Valiant are good too.

I have a set of those buckets for sale. Not sure where you are located hit I would deliver to the border for gas $$

i have a couple of those silver top consoles for sale.
to answer your question that console came in darts valiants and barracudas 66-68. after that it went to wood grain top.

What would you be asking for the buckets and console? I live in New Jersey.

i am in washington so shipping will suck for sure, but i am asking 150 for console with shifter. it's nice but not perfect.

DSCN0381.JPG

Thank you. I'll let you know. I'm not sure how I want to go with the interior as of yet. It is getting buckets for sure,.but I might go with a B&M Star Shifter.

if you look around on here you will all sorts of custom center consoles folks have made. I also have a shell of a console you could make a custom plate for what ever shifter. I am not sure of its condition though and do not have any pix of it yet.

if you look around on here you will all sorts of custom center consoles folks have made. I also have a shell of a console you could make a custom plate for what ever shifter. I am not sure of its condition though and do not have any pix of it yet.

Thank you and if you get a picture or 2 that would be cool. Still not sure how I'm going with this. Getting ideas.

unfortunately i burried all the console stuff 2 days ago while reorganizing. i should be able to get to that side of the shop later this week.

This is what I'm doing with my 64 Dart Vert, the old top from a 69 I believe was roached so It was covered in a Black Crackle vinyl, then I pained the sides with Crinkle paint. I'm planning on gutting the ash tray under its door and fitting in a cup holder. They make replacement chrome parts for the trim but everything is pretty expensive! I went with a Hurst Auto cable shifter!

IMG_0431.JPG

IMG_0707.JPG

I ended up purchasing 2003 Tiburon bucket seats (black) that are perfect, new carpeting, and putting in a B&M Star Shifter. We are fabricating the seat mounts and should have them in by next week. I'll post some pics.

I would like to see the Tiburon seats when you get them installed. Our interior guy has used them several times. But never seen a set in an early A.

I would like to see the Tiburon seats when you get them installed. Our interior guy has used them several times. But never seen a set in an early A.

I will do that. I did a test fit today to see what we need to do for brackets. I have to say, they look really good. They need to be lifted 3 1/2" to 4" as far as I know right now. We will see when it comes to fabricating the mounts! The entire interior is out and I'll need to weld in some patch panels for the floor pans. After that the floor pans are being painted with Eastwood Rust Encapsulator. Not spray, but in the can and rolled on. I will post pictures this coming Monday of what I have so far before doing anything.

-
Back