Mancini bolt on driveshaft loop

-

gearjammer340

Reaction score
Well, took the duster out last night and its pretty stupid so gonna put this on it today have to do a cpl other things too. Heres a pic:
0313091241.jpg

another project I just started for ***** and giggles, havent spent any money on it yet other than painting under the hood b5 blue(darker of the 2)
031009_14371.jpg
031009_14381.jpg

No pics today, I have to drive a cpl hundred miles today to go take care of something but heres the skinny so far: All of our cars are former slant six cars which is something I didnt anticipate as being an issue but it is kind of. The kit wont work with the /6 tranny crossmember,I mean it will but you wont like what you have to do to make it work involves putting the crossmember on backwards and grinding the actual tranny mount so it doesnt hit the transmission,I thought about it but the amount of material I would have to remove from the mount would have weakened it too much and this thing is starting to make some power so I scrounged up a crossmember from a 72 v-8 car and ordered the right mount for it which will be waiting for me when I get back later tonight. weather permitting I'll race the car tomorrow and will either post pics late tonight or in the morning b4 I go racing but I''ll get them up here so you can see them. It's not gonna work with our x-pipe either but our exhaust is really tucked up under the car. Ill post pics in various stages of completion when I get back.
Marvin

I just bought a universal one, modified it a bit and It works fine. cost? $25. I'd have to think that it would work better than the bolt-on -the-crossmember-one.

Gearjammer340,i have that exact loop on my duster quality is probably second to none,just make sure you install it no further then 6" from the center of the front yoke,if your going to the track...

i have one of those on the 71 dart....works very good...was pretty easy to install too..

I just bought a universal one, modified it a bit and It works fine. cost? $25. I'd have to think that it would work better than the bolt-on -the-crossmember-one.

That is what I did too. Mancini is asking way to much for that loop. It don't even look that strong.

Im just installing it on the car, we have a cpl universal loops but they get in the way of the x-pipe too and he wants this one on the car so I'm gonna install it on the car. The yellow duster isnt mine I just work on it, Mines b5 blue. Thanks for the tip on the 6inches from the u-joint I looked it up in the nhra rule book when we got it because I hate doing things twice. Got home too late today to finish it so Ill do it in the morning gonna get rained out anyways. The new transmission mount was waiting here for me when I got home so Im less than an hr away from driving it,less if the exhaust has to be modified (I'll have to have it done)this x-pipe is really screwing me here but I like it so I'll make it work. Will have pics in the morning.
Marvin

Ok heres some pics of the two diff crossmembers and the install pics:
031509_16241-1.jpg

This is the two crossmembers slant 6 crossmember on the bottom which didnt work and the correct crossmember that did work.
031509_16261.jpg

This is the slant six crossmember wont work for obvious reasons could have flipped it around but everything hit everywhere.
031509_16253.jpg

031509_16262.jpg

These are two pics of the correct crossmember and how it all fits.
031509_16441.jpg

031509_16442.jpg

These two are of the first pc installed on the crossmember.
031509_16511.jpg

dropped the driveshaft and slid the loop up from the back,I dropped the exhaust and everything was easy.
031509_17071.jpg

031509_17081.jpg

These two are of it installed(still have another bolt to put in and tighten everything) and a measurement of how far it was from the front u-joint. Still have too make sure I like where everything is b4 I try and put the exhaust back up and the e-brake still works. So far so good.
Marvin

will the aluminum one handle the force? i would think the steel ones would be better

I'm going to put one on my 69 but I think i'm going with the on tht goes across the car. I have enenough clearance problems

Yea, we had a cpl of those but they really interfered with the X-pipe we have. If we wouldnt have hd the xpipe oneof thoses would have went in. I was looking at the pics I posted and the pics dont do it justice, it's really a stout looking piece in person.
Marvin Jr.

-
Back