Mancini HD rear leaf springs

-

gsone1

Reaction score
Has anyone had a problem after installing HD rear leaf springs from Mancini Racing after the springs are in. Passenger side of car is 2 inches higher than drivers side. checked all the mounting brackets and shackles nothing bound up can't figure out why right side is so much higher. Springs are marked left and right so I know they are on the right side. Any help would be great Thanks Doug...

This is normal for these XHD springs, just ask Mancini. These springs are similar to the Mopar SS springs, the passenger side spring is intentionally made stiffer to keep the car level on launch because when the car launches it shifts weight to the right rear. You can raise the drivers side torsion bar ride height and it will help to lower the passenger side rear and level the rear of the car.

Super stock and racing springs are designed like that on purpose. This is because the torque of the engine causes the car to twist to the right, thus leveling it on launch. You can also run two rights or two lefts depending how you want the car to sit, assuming this is just a cruiser.

That is odd you car is sitting crooked, my mancini xhd sits level in the rear.

Mine sits a little crooked too. I haven't measured it, but don't think it is off two inches. I have noticed weird tire wear on the passenger side tire's inner portion of the tire. Never had this with the stock springs and the stock springs had worn out bushings. The xhd springs have new bushings and shackles.

my duster is level with super stock springs, the right side is maybe stiffer, but not arched more

Attachments

• DSCF0161.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 226
I run the same springs, I just flipped the passenger front hanger, all is well the car sits level and launches fine.

Jeff

-
Back