Mancini manual steering adapter

-

LXguy

Reaction score
Hey All

Installed this today. It went pretty well, just one big gotcha that I found that will hopefully help someone else.

Basically there are two roll pins that come with the adapter. One that goes in the end of the power shaft, and the other that attaches the adapter to the manual steering box.

On my car, on the steering box to adapter roll pin, I could not get the provided roll pin to work at all! I had to resort to using my existing pin, that was fortunately still in good shape. I don't know if they are actually different sizes or what, but the Mancini pin was not going in there.

Also: Do yourself a BIG favor and buy a set of roll pin punches before attempting this. They make the job much much easier. I found a set at Sears that was $12.00, but they might be tougher to find in your area.

Hope this helps

Steve

Hey All

Installed this today. It went pretty well, just one big gotcha that I found that will hopefully help someone else.

Basically there are two roll pins that come with the adapter. One that goes in the end of the power shaft, and the other that attaches the adapter to the manual steering box.

On my car, on the steering box to adapter roll pin, I could not get the provided roll pin to work at all! I had to resort to using my existing pin, that was fortunately still in good shape. I don't know if they are actually different sizes or what, but the Mancini pin was not going in there.

Also: Do yourself a BIG favor and buy a set of roll pin punches before attempting this. They make the job much much easier. I found a set at Sears that was $12.00, but they might be tougher to find in your area.

Hope this helps

Steve
Do you have any pics. LXguy?I,m doing the swap and am not sure if mine will go together?Pics. would help here?

I just put this adapter on my car today. Went really smooth but the pins did go in a little tight. Ill snap some pics tomorrow and post. Fortunately the motor wasnt in the car which made it super duper easy

-
Back