Mancini Racing and our fun on Super Bowl Sunday

-

7DUSTER3

1973 Plymouth Duster 360
Reaction score
So becuase my father and i dislike both the Colts and the Bears, we decided to install my new leaf springs and 4 new shocks on my duster from Mancini Racing. Before the new set of shocks i had a pair of Gabriel High Jackers in the rear. A couple of weeks ago we noticed my back end sagging a lot and found out that i had blown a line somewhere. So after looking on ebay to try and fix the problem we just decided to go with regular shocks and we would up my shackle bars a notch. Well we had bigger problems, either from the air shocks or the leaf springs being old and worn, they were almost flatt when they held the weight of the car. So we got online and looked around. it seemed that only jc whitney had a reasonable price for a pair but they took for ever with my order and put them on back-order for a month. Mancini racing came to our rescue! they have a set of leaf springs for a decent price. The only thing that killed me was to ship them to So. Cal. My dad and i put them on yesterday, the ride is nice and smooth with a big tilt on the passenger side, (we called M.R. today and found out thats becuase of the torque) Check out some pics:

PICT1283.jpg

PICT1285.jpg
PICT1284.jpg
PICT1288.jpg

PICT1286.jpg

PICT1287.jpg

The guys at Mancini are great, they were really helpful and nice to talk to on the phone.

7DUSTER3 and Mr.7DUSTER3

PICT1283.jpg

PICT1285.jpg

PICT1284.jpg

PICT1288.jpg

PICT1286.jpg

PICT1287.jpg

All Right Now That My Son Decided To Post Pics Of His Project Car To All Of You Guys You Will Notice We Are In Need Of A Trunk Pan Badly.does Any Body Sell An After-market One Or Do We Wait And Try To Get One Off E-bay? Mopars Are Hard To Come By In Junkyards Here In So. Cal.

Thanks,bob & Bryce

Just a note of advise to all Mopar people.
When putting S/S springs on. They will cause this.
Just adjust the torsion bars to cure the problem.

The five leaf spring should go on the right side and the four leaf spring should go on the left. I believe that is correct. I installed a set on a Charger and I believe I had to put the spring with the most leafs on the right side in order for it to look level in the back and also that is where the torque of the rearend starts first on the right side.

MR.7DUSTER3 said:
All Right Now That My Son Decided To Post Pics Of His Project Car To All Of You Guys You Will Notice We Are In Need Of A Trunk Pan Badly.does Any Body Sell An After-market One Or Do We Wait And Try To Get One Off E-bay? Mopars Are Hard To Come By In Junkyards Here In So. Cal.

Thanks,bob & Bryce
I think www.autobodyspecialt.com has the spare tire well. Give them a try.HTH.

Thanks Longgone, they have one and its a lot cheaper then i thought...

Those folks are great. I had put their well pan in my Dart Sport. Only 3 additionals things(aside from trimming,welding/seam sealing etc) had to be done. The filler neck area has to be cut out and the tabs for the fuel tank j-bolts have to be slotted out, dropped in from the inside of the trunk and tacked into place. Great folks, great products.

7 Duster 3, Are those Super stock springs? or XHD? How tall are your tires? 15" rims? Does it seem like the body would not come down on the tires if you hit a bump? Thanks, Kevin

I went with Mancini's "Pro Stock" springs on my Duster a few years back. What a difference! The old (original) springs that were on my Duster were nearly flat:

newspringsbefore1.jpg

and the car used to squat really bad on a launch:

Car1.jpg

The Pro Stock springs made the car sit higher on the passenger's side. It was much higher at first, but they settled down after a few weeks:

1000829_G.jpg

It is much stiffer than it was, now I can fell the springs pushing back on a lauch. I feel the weight transfer to the rear and then come back almost immediately. Here's what it looks like when it launches now:

DSC_0041.jpg

Oh yea! Thats a shot of springs working!

rumblefish360 said:
Oh yea! Thats a shot of springs working!
Ya, it makes a big difference.

Here's a couple of better shots... You can see the front end is up a good 3 inches, but the rear end hasn't crouched at all:

Compare the front end of this shot:
http://www.davemilcarek.com/091706/pages/9-17-1D 049.htm

To this shot:
http://www.burwoodboysracing.com/gallery/albums/2006/100_3823.jpg

Big difference!

http://www.davemilcarek.com/091706/pages/9-17-1D 105.htm
http://www.davemilcarek.com/091706/pages/9-17-3D 040.htm

WOW! Talk about a nose in the dirt. Whew!
Looks good Mike.

-
Back