Mancini Racing bypass bullhockey

-

str12-340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
If you go onto Mancini Racing's web site and search for bypass hose, you get a picture of a Chrysler heavy duty silicone bypass hose easily identified because it is red orange on the inside. They even use the Chrysler part number as the Mancini part number. They sell them for $33 so I ordered one. Box shows up containing a generic regular hose which I could have gotten at Oreilly's for less than $10. I called them up to ask them to send the right hose and after talking to two people was told that the description doesn't say silicone, even though that is the picture and the part #. They are sending me a return shipping thing and when I suggested that they post a different picture and use a different part # the guy put it on me to send an e-mail to explain my suggestion. The heck with that. Just don't expect to get a silicone bypass hose if you order this over priced part...

This is as opposed to Monacatti that I ordered 3 hoses from and never heard another thing about it...

On “Monacatti” it’s been 10 days since I ordered parts without a peep and just no answer on the phone. WTH?

If the advertised PART NUMBER is that of the silicone bypass hose, that's false advertisement. PERIOD. It doesn't matter if there's a picture of a turd on the page.

If you can post your rant here you can take the 3 minutes to send them an email and save other mopar brothers this same BS you just went through.

or just call back and speak to the boss. That's why the peon did not want to do anything for you, he's not getting paid for it.

Been there done that with another major performance parts supplier.

I ordered an adjustable rev limiter that showed knobs for thousands and hundreds.
What I got was a limiter that took plug in chips, but no chips with it.

When I questioned about the difference I was told that the company never made one with knobs.
I pointed out that they pictured one, and even sent them a screenshot of it right on their website.

They said that picture was a mistake, yea no ****.
They said they would send the chips for it to make up for the misunderstanding.

Guess what?
Chips didn’t fit, so I sent them this vowing to never buy from them again.

I ordered an adjustable rev limiter that showed knobs for thousands and hundreds.

When I questioned about the difference I was told that the company never made one with knobs.
I pointed out that they pictured one, and even sent them a screenshot of it right on their website.

Guess what?

I have to admit, I'm impressed.

mancini has long been my absolute last resource for parts. the got my last dollars a long time ago after jerking me around on ticky-tacky stuff like obviously rattle canned stuff when it was supposed to be powdercoated, items that had *clearly* been kicking around on shelves and showed signs of wear and pulling the old razzle-dazzle on parts pricing only to stick it to me on shipping.

great for finding part numbers and pricing, but that's about it.

On “Monacatti” it’s been 10 days since I ordered parts without a peep and just no answer on the phone. WTH?
I think they've been done for a long time. I had the 340 exhaust gasket on order for over a year. No answer to the phone, and no response to email. It's been disco'd for years, but they still show it available.
340 Exhaust Manifold Heat Shield - P2946105

Guess what?

Ewe, I was hopeing that was gas and a match soon after :lol:

I just bought pinion seal and one of those brake rod rubber things from Mancini. Shipped pretty fast no problems. I wasn't aware they been out there screwing ppl over and what not....

Well- their oil filter 90 degree adapter re-gasket kits with the bolt… same thing. The bolt they sent me (I ordered 2 kits mind you at the same time) the bolt is actually 3/8” taller than the factory bolt. Also, the copper seal they include for the head of the bolt to the adapter has too small of an outer diameter.
I tried to talk to them about it- obviously they are using oil drain plug gaskets. Anyhow, they were not interested in talking to me about it. So sad. I always liked them.

Damn that sucks! I bought a pair of those nice silicone bypass hoses from Mancini a couple years back because the normal rubber ones you get now always swell and degrade after a year or 2. Did a quick search just now and I can't find them anymore, except from Amazon or eBay.

If you go onto Mancini Racing's web site and search for bypass hose, you get a picture of a Chrysler heavy duty silicone bypass hose easily identified because it is red orange on the inside. They even use the Chrysler part number as the Mancini part number. They sell them for $33 so I ordered one. Box shows up containing a generic regular hose which I could have gotten at Oreilly's for less than $10. I called them up to ask them to send the right hose and after talking to two people was told that the description doesn't say silicone, even though that is the picture and the part #. They are sending me a return shipping thing and when I suggested that they post a different picture and use a different part # the guy put it on me to send an e-mail to explain my suggestion. The heck with that. Just don't expect to get a silicone bypass hose if you order this over priced part...

This is as opposed to Monacatti that I ordered 3 hoses from and never heard another thing about it...
Yeah they hoodwinked me with their BS false advertising photo of a silicone bypass hose

The only thing I can complain about with them is the last thing I ordered. I cannot remember which piece it was, but it was either the TTI mid pipe or the tail pipe for the Early A body slant 6. I ordered it from Mancini. Was told it was in stock. Three weeks later I called and they said they didn't stock anything from TTI and it was being dropped shipped. It was finally here two months later. The next piece I ordered straight from TTI and got it in a week. I have to get large purchases like that in pieces since our income is small. It really wasn't a huge deal, but they told me one thing and something else ended up being true. I'm just glad I was still working on customer cars and had to wait that long for a part.

Well I’m looking for a set of poly locks for a truck and they seem to be the only ones who have them… supposedly…

The new owner of Schumacher isn’t much help.

Well I’m looking for a set of poly locks for a truck and they seem to be the only ones who have them… supposedly…

The new owner of Schumacher isn’t much help.
Nope. I've been on them about the conversion mounts for early A bodies ever since they took over and crickets.

Guess what?

Hahha yea pro comp is complete rubbish wouldn't put it within 20ft of my cars, it also sold under various other names. They make completely untunable carbies and also manifolds that don't fit.

Subpar rear shackles from Mancini, they fall into the same category as Yearnone.
Sorry to read Mike, get them from Ehrenberg.

Subpar rear shackles from Mancini, they fall into the same category as Yearnone.
Sorry to read Mike, get them from Ehrenberg.
Year one no good? Whenever i purchase through them i have only purchased brand name parts etc

-
Back