Mancini Racing still selling Yukon axles that are 3/8"-1/2" too long

-
wow. I just ordered my axles from Moser. Said I wanted some axles in stock spline for a 71 Dart. Didn't tell them I had B body brakes on it.

Got em, popped em in. Done.

Did have a little bit of a whine with a 4.11 cone center section that still had the thrust button but otherwise no issues.

Steve

I have 2 Abody 8.3/4 sbp rears one is complete drum to drum with 2.76s in it that needs a rebuild(from a 71 Demon),the other is just the housing. I have the bbp brakes(drums,shoes,etc). I think im going to go with axles from Dr.diff do I just tell him what third member I have i.e. 489 or 742 case and they will know what axles I need? I can fix just about anything on my Dart but I dont know alot about rear diffs. The other question I have is about the drive shaft. Since I will be swapping an 8 3/4 rear in place of the 7 1/4 rear but retaining the 904 trans for now do I need different U-joints or a different drive shaft? I have the drive shaft from the Demon that donated one of the 8 3/4 rears and another drive shaft from a 74 Dart Sport 6/904 with an 8 1/4 rear will either of these work?

I went through the same thing when I got my Yukon axles from Mancini which have green bearings.

I was told the rear end needs to come apart, carrier took out and thrush block removed. F**k that!

I took my axles to a machine shop, had professionals remove 3/8" off of each axle. Brought them home and they popped right into place. I have not had any trouble with them.... that's been 3 yrs ago.
thats what i did. take some meat off the end of the axles and bingo. no problem. worked for me. simple yet effective.

-
Back