Manifold gasket choice

-

Kendog 170

Let the boy go !
Reaction score
My 340 with stock manifold drivers side has a 1/4" spacer that cured a clearance issue with my Eddy heads. I was hoping to buy these from summit but they are no longer available. I used them on my RB motor and they last forever. My stock gaskets last 2 years and getting tired of changing them all the time . Any suggestions.
Taylor Cable 66037 Taylor Cable Seal-4-Good Header Gaskets | Summit Racing

Give the Patriot gaskets a try, I recently put a set on my bracket car when I changed headers. They seem to seal up really well, the proof will be the next time I take it out.

My 340 with stock manifold drivers side has a 1/4" spacer that cured a clearance issue with my Eddy heads. I was hoping to buy these from summit but they are no longer available. I used them on my RB motor and they last forever. My stock gaskets last 2 years and getting tired of changing them all the time . Any suggestions.
Taylor Cable 66037 Taylor Cable Seal-4-Good Header Gaskets | Summit Racing
Run away run away
Look at the center ports in the gasket than look at the outside ports, notice anyting? There are the wrong shape and will not work.
I got caught out with this issue when I applied a set to my X head 340, it immediately poped both gaskets. Read my review on Summit

Run away run away
Look at the center ports in the gasket than look at the outside ports, notice anyting? There are the wrong shape and will not work.
I got caught out with this issue when I applied a set to my X head 340, it immediately poped both gaskets. Read my review on Summit

Thanks for the advice but as said not availible but good to know. Maybe I'll try the patriot as Demonracer suggested. I also found these. Anyone use them on Eddy 340 heads ?
Proform Parts 67929 Proform Soft Conforming Aluminum Header Gaskets | Summit Racing

Just make sure you check the port configuration before use.
I think there is one manufacture stamping those gaskets for several after market suppliers.

I see your point as the 1968 340 Exh. Gasket port size I think is 1.25x1.75
found this Exhaust Gasket Size..................1.14" x 1.59" for 318/273
I wonder if they can be trimmed ?
I see these but not sure how good they will last. Anyone use these> They list the correct port size.
Remflex Inc. 6027 Remflex Exhaust Header Gasket Sets | Summit Racing

Big shout out to Dartindanno . He dug out and sent me a set of copper gaskets he had sitting around.

-
Back