Manifold Question

-

Bad Sport

HALF A BUBBLE OFF
Staff member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
OK, here's the deal I found a Weiand Action Plus intake on CL for 50 bucks. Is this a decent intake? Can I run a spacer and a squarebore carb?

Hopefully someone here has used one and has some experienced feedback for the intake challenged.

I dont think you need the adapter. squarebore carbs will bolt right up.

that is exactly the intake i have on my 360. i got it brand new in the box off CL for 75 bucks. i have a holley 600 on it now and i have had a 1406 on it. yes a thermoquad will work on it. is has provisions for the butterflies. its nice because you dont need a spacer to run a holley like the 318 edelbrock intakes. i havent used a spacer on it , but i dont see why you couldnt. i think these intakes are superior to the eddys. i would grab it up

either square bore or spread bore will fit....

Excellent, for 50 bucks, as long as it's in good shape, I guess I can't go wrong.

Thanks gentlemen!

yes a thermoquad will work on it. is has provisions for the butterflies. its nice because you don't need a spacer to run a holley like the 318 edelbrock intakes. i haven't used a spacer on it , but i don't see why you couldn't.

Best of both worlds I guess. I looked at it online and it had the spreadbore plenum so I assumed I would need the spacer.

the eddy 2178? plenum isnt tall enough to clear the holley power valve so you are forced to use a spacer or use a carter. although a TQ would work because the intake is both square and spread bore. those action plus intakes are tall , they just look beefy lol

Attachments

• a67.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 182
The action plus, is the worst of the dual plane aluminums. They make OK power, but the front and back cylinders will run lean on the odd side. This is an issue, for me at least. EB is a much better piece, or the stock cast manifold.

hmmm.... i have had no issues with mine, all my plugs are burning the same. i dont drag race it so i cant speak on high rpm performance. i havent seen any flow numbers on these intakes. but its working good for me...it is the 8007

The action plus, is the worst of the dual plane aluminums. They make OK power, but the front and back cylinders will run lean on the odd side. This is an issue, for me at least. EB is a much better piece, or the stock cast manifold.

Which one 8007, 8120 or ?

007 is the only one I have had personally.

hmmm.... i have had no issues with mine, all my plugs are burning the same. i dont drag race it so i cant speak on high rpm performance. i havent seen any flow numbers on these intakes. but its working good for me...it is the 8007

You have a magic manifold.

They do work fine.

You also have to understand my background with this. I have always played with towing/truck/motorhome motors in general. What I see at 50% throttle, you would never see in a street car.

I was merrily stating that in all of the manifolds I have used, the 7 was the worst at fuel distribution, under heavy service, that is. Still a decent manifold, just like the rest of them. The best, under high throttle/heavy load settings that I have found, are the 360* offenhausers, and the street dominators. More than likely because they are the low RPM single plane design, much like the first LA manifolds.

-
Back