Manifold

-
I suppose you could port the intake out to match the ports on a 340/360 head, but I would think you would be better off getting an intake manifold made to fit you cylinder heads.

If you have 340/360 heads, then buy the correct intake. There are plenty of used ones around that at least as good as an LD340 (or LD4B). Even a new Mopar Perfomance or Edelbrock intake (which are supposed to be better than old intakes) will cost $250, how much time will it take to open up all eight of the intake runners. How hard will it be to try to make them flow the same amount? How much is your time worth? Can it spent doing other things on your project car?

You can probably find someone who needs the 318 intake to sell it to and offset some cost of buying a 340/360 intake. I have an LD4B and plan on using it on a 318 in my 67 cuda even though I own a few spare 340 engines, cause with gas at $3 a gallon a mildly modified 318 will be plenty fun to drive and way more economical than a 340 .

Bob

There should be plenty of room to port match it. If you all ready have it why buy another ? You can get LD340s on ebay for around $150, They are a great intake. Im sure a new RPM or Air Gap would make more power but is it worth the extra $100 for a street car ?

I agree.

You won't see a difference going from a LD4B to an LD340, especially if the 4B has been port matched.

There have been more than a few that haven't seen a significant change going from a LD340 to and Air Gap. The old school guys at Edelbrock, Barton, and some of the other shops agree.

Run what you got, just block off the heat crossover for max performance.

1st up is the LD4B. (For those who don't know)

2nd is the LD340. It is modified for a T-Q and the center divider is milled as per the Mopar book for high lift cams. It also has been port matched. It is a real screamer of an intake. You can not do a T-Q mod of the carb pad on the LD4B like the LD340.

cause with gas at $3 a gallon a mildly modified 318 will be plenty fun to drive and way more economical than a 340 .
I hear ya! I kept the cam mild enuff in my teen. 218 - 226 @ .050 on a 112. Plenty streetable, but will provide some pep!

100_0468.JPG

100_0467.JPG

Heres mine, Port match and modded for a thermoquad, Divider removes. Looks stock.

IM000978.jpg

IM000980.jpg

IM000114.jpg

IM000248.jpg

MAN! That is a great top shot. Right over the plenum. Thats so nice, I think I'm gonna save that one and print it large. OH, also love the stealth look! Painted and no one knows. What did you do for a choke?

OH, also, you'll note on mine, the drivers side was damaged before I owned it. Got a shot of drivers side carb mounting pad area by chance?

Thanks. Nice shot. I wonder what happened to mine before I got it? They slammed down a crazy heavy bead of weld on mine. Like they fixed a screw up, a reallly big screw up.

I'm going to run the Electric choke T-Q I have. The build will be milder for sure. I want to do a roller. Hyd. if I can get it speced to my happiness. I really do not want to mod the carb to work with a cam. Nothing to wacky. Just good clean grunt with some HP.

Yeah, That motor was a little much for the street.

The new one is a lot more streetable. It may also get a Thermoquad on it.

I would leave it. I did mine because my motor really should have had a single plane on it. The cam was a .580" lift solid.

-
Back