Manifolds

-

jtkaaa07

BossMan
Reaction score
Was at a show yesterday, and met a guy with a bad *** black 68 dart with a 383 in it. He was running factory B body coated manifolds with no clearence issues. He said the B body manifolds clear just fine as long as you are running a low deck 383. Just wondering if anyone else is using this same setup? I never heard of anyone using this setup, I thought you had to have BB A body manifolds or headers.

Thanks Jeff

He musta had a floor shift. Because the driver's side will hit the column shift arm on the column. Other than that, yes they fit.

Any b body manifolds or are there specific casting #'s? putting together a 383 4 speed car. Thanks

Any b body manifolds or are there specific casting #'s? putting together a 383 4 speed car. Thanks

I am switching to a 4 speed too, but I don't know if this will work with the 4 speed setup. He was running a floor shift auto, with a non column shift steering column. It looked really nice, and there was probably 1 1/2" clearance between the master cylinder, and manifold. To answer your question, all he said was b body manifolds, i don't think there is alot of difference in the b body manifolds. Sorry I didn't get pic's but I put the wrong card in my camera, must have been in a hurry! I am hoping to see him at another show this fall.

From what I've been told, if you use a hyd. throwout bearing instead of the standard linkage, you can use the Schumakers headers. Times being the way they are, looking for that balance between cheap and good...

u can used the b-body exhaust mainfolds&c-body they will have to be milled, especially the driverside,so dosent run into the column.if u use a colum shift steering column.

-
Back