Not open for further replies.

Oldmanmopar

Going left turning right
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Contact seller
These are from a-body cars. $85.00 each shipped anywhere in the lower 48. There are 4 as of now but one might be sold already. As is no returns Pay pal [email protected]. Danielsville Pa.

Attachments

• Picture 034.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 447
  • Picture 035.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 356
All manual boxes in muscle era mopars were aluminum, look at the pics and see they are aluminum.....and I believe that there was only one ratio - the fast ratio cars simply used a longer pitman arm to increase the "Throw".

All manual boxes in muscle era mopars were aluminum, look at the pics and see they are aluminum.....and I believe that there was only one ratio - the fast ratio cars simply used a longer pitman arm to increase the "Throw".[/QUOTE]
RIGHT & WRONG.

The steering ratio was changed by using a different worn gear & sector shaft, not a different pitman arm.

yeah - you may be right - too much uselsess info in my head, some gets forgotten! I might be thinking of the power boxes having only one ratio....

All manual boxes in muscle era mopars were aluminum, look at the pics and see they are aluminum.....and I believe that there was only one ratio - the fast ratio cars simply used a longer pitman arm to increase the "Throw".[/QUOTE]
RIGHT & WRONG.

The steering ratio was changed by using a different worn gear & sector shaft, not a different pitman arm.

Tight and wrong. The steering ratio was changed by using a different worn gear & sector shaft, But AAR Cudas and T/A Challengers used a different Idler arm and Pitman arm

...16:1 until '69?
...24:1 from '70 on? but you could order a 20:1 from 'ma mopar parts dept
...just what i've been told

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back