Manual to power brake swap

-

DUSTERDOWNS

Reaction score
I am swapping manual to power brakes. I got the booster and mounting brackets but not sure how it all goes together. If anyone has some pic's of theirs i sure would like to see them. I am not sure if I got everything that I need to complete this swap Any help you send my way would be great. Thanks Steve

Here is a complete set up I sold,make sure you have the spacer that goes behind the master

Attachments

• Picture 1366.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 168
  • Picture 027.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 169
Sounds like you got original factory parts for your perhaps 1970's Duster or Demon. Note in post#2 the lever that is integral w/ the brackets. If missing, you will never figure it out. For others, there is a new setup w/ everything you need on ebay for <$140.

For factory setup, the critical parts are the brackets w/ lever and pedal rod. On my 1965 Dart, I put a booster/MC from a 95-99 Breeze on those brackets. Finding a good booster today is hard and a rebuilt one is $$ (see Booster Dewey), so I went with easier to source parts.

Sedanman thanks I have exactually what you posted but the bracket is not mounted. It all makes sense to me now. Thank you guys are so good.

glad to help,you will have to drill support bracket holes to the fire wall and inner fender. The firewall bracket used a spacer that was pretty much like a stack of washers. The short bracket goes to the inner fender and the long one is for the firewall. Do you know if that booster is correct for what brakes you have? There is a difference between the drum and disc boosters. The disc booster has dual diaphrams (pic),the drum has one. They are very simple to take apart.

Attachments

• disc booster 1.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 148
  • disc booster 2.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 136
-
Back