Manual to Power steering conversion kit

-

Mopastor

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 64 dart slant 6 with manual steering and I'm looking for a kit: brackets, hoses, pump, box, coupler and arm etc..

Looking for something to just plug n play so to speak and not necessarily have to change the manual steering column.

I wasn't sure if anyone has everything and would sell as a kit or not.

Thanks

Pretty sure you will need to change the column (or at least the shaft). The PS box is longer than the manual box, so there is a difference in column length. When going from PS to manual steering you can just add an extension to the PS steering shaft. I don't know if there is an aftermarket kit that will do what you want.

Pretty sure you will need to change the column (or at least the shaft). The PS box is longer than the manual box, so there is a difference in column length. When going from PS to manual steering you can just add an extension to the PS steering shaft. I don't know if there is an aftermarket kit that will do what you want.
I'm guessing the best shot would be an electric power steering with an updated steering box? $$$$!

Hello,

I have a 64 dart slant 6 with manual steering and I'm looking for a kit: brackets, hoses, pump, box, coupler and arm etc..

Looking for something to just plug n play so to speak and not necessarily have to change the manual steering column.

I wasn't sure if anyone has everything and would sell as a kit or not.

Thanks
Where are you? I might be going back to manual steering in the 67 Barracuda.

Long way to ship. What car to fit?
I deleted the previous response. I just noticed you weren't talking to me (my mistake). 1967 Slant 6 Dart. I'm on Ebay right now and there's a few assemblies on there - for the pump and brackets. I would have to buy the power box though.

I just noticed he is looking for a 1964 slant 6 Dart. Yours would be a fit except the engine brackets. My 67 is on a 273 V-8. Maybe we could swap the inner shafts from the steering collumns and boxes.

Last edited:
I just noticed he is looking for a 1964 slant 6 Dart. Yours would be a fit except the engine brackets. My 67 is on a 273 V-8. Maybe we could swap the inner shafts from the steering collumns and boxes.
Sorry for the delay. I actually had to work today! The box I have is completely worn. I still drive on most days of the week. Not sure I'd want it to sit around waiting for an exchange. If I buy a new box, I'll be happy to send it over to you. Thanks for the gesture!

I can do this in a Borgeson kit. PM me if interested. However, you will need a column shaft from a power car as those aren't collapsible.

-
Back