manual valve body?

-

MOPARCODY

Reaction score
Ive had a pretty much stock 904 with good clutches and a shift kit in my 65 dart for a while. the trans has about 1000 passes on it but its starting to let go. im thinking about building a trans with a brake and manual valve bodies, id like to keep the forward pattern

which valve body should i use?

i also have a 3500 stall hughes converter im thinking about replacing with something more aggressive.

car has a dakota rt short block with eddy heads air gap and the 380hp mpp crate motor cam. weighs 2800 without me in it. 3.91 gears with a spool and a 28" tire

dont think you can find a transbrake valve body with the forward shifting pattern...

Ive had a pretty much stock 904 with good clutches and a shift kit in my 65 dart for a while. the trans has about 1000 passes on it but its starting to let go. im thinking about building a trans with a brake and manual valve bodies, id like to keep the forward pattern

which valve body should i use?

i also have a 3500 stall hughes converter im thinking about replacing with something more aggressive.

car has a dakota rt short block with eddy heads air gap and the 380hp mpp crate motor cam. weighs 2800 without me in it. 3.91 gears with a spool and a 28" tire

Make sure you match the converter stall speed to your engine specs. Give your converter supplier ALL information about your combination. More stall may or may not help, so no sense in wasting money if it isn't going to help you. On a quick guess, with the little bit of information you've shown, to me 3500 stall is about right.

i dont need a transbrake. it would be nice to have one down the road when i build a new motor. I think im going to go with the turbo action cheetah.

Remember to not do any burnouts in first gear with the Cheetah cause it doesn't have low gear braking. IMO you'd be better off with something with low gear braking

ok ill keep that in mind, even with my stock valve body i go right to 2nd during the burnout, a couple seasons ago i had a sprag blow up on me while doing a 1st gear burnout

Cope Racing valve body!!! FTW I have one and it is too crisp

Been driving for years with a Non LBA Cheetah valve body....

As mentioned, forget about transbrake unless going reverse pattern, I've never seen one available. I have a forward pattern low band apply full manual Turbo Action, in my 904 behind a 340 in my '71 Fargo. Works good, and for a cruiser I like having engine braking in 1st. I also have a non LBA in my 727 with full manual reverse pattern in my Demon. Either way is ok, just be careful if you go no LBA. Keep your burnouts in 2nd gear. Don't be dropping a gear on the street from 2nd to first trying to race someone or plain ole being a showoff, unless you don't like your feet attached to your legs. Don't shift back into first until you are practically stopped. Also with no LBA apply I run a good trans shield, I'd recommend that to anyone, or upgrade to billet drum and less of a worry.

-
Back