Map Light location on '69 Barracuda Convertible

-

Tjhoward84

1969 Barracuda Convertible
Reaction score
Can someone take a picture(s) of where the map light is located in a 1969 Barracuda Convertible. The switch is already wired in the dash on the left side of the stering column next the convertible top switch.

Here's a picture of the map light.

Attachments

• 1385786906090.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 178
It's up under the dash, as you probably guessed. IIRC it's to the right of the ash tray somewhere. You could check the FSM. My car is in the shop so I can't check it out, assuming it's in the same place as a 67.

67,68,69 barracuda, the map light is located in the same area. Its just right of the ash tray under the dash. There should be a bolt hole. If you still cant find were it goes let me know I can get a pic for ya.

It is about 7 inches from the far right ashtray seam. There are two holes on my dash. Screw is in the far right hole (closest to passenger side door). Hope the orientation of the pic is not confusing. It was tight down there.

As another point of reference, it is almost directly underneath the left side seam of the glovebox door.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 157
That is perfect everyone. Thanks for the help.

The shop doing the wiring asked me about it.

I also found an original AM/FM 1969 radio that I'm having them install. How rare is an AM/FM radio from back in 1969?

Fairly rare. Good ones that are tested and work usually fetch around $700 and up for good examples.

-
Back