March Indy Cylinder Head Swapmeet

-

WildCat

Reaction score
never too soon to plan

14th Annual Chrysler Performance Trade Show and Swap Meet
March 7-8, 2009 at the Indiana State Fairgrounds​
Enjoy the warmth and comfort of the world's largest all indoor Chrysler Trade Show and Swap Meet. Spend hours mingling with the who's who of the Chrysler realm, while looking through 150,000 sq. ft. of Chrysler parts, cars and memorabilia.
Have a tech question? No problem. Along with a full house of display parts, all of the industry's finest will be on hand to field any questions that you might have about your Chrysler engine build, restoration, chassis set up of transmission. If you have a Chrysler question the answer lies here!
We are sorry to inform you, that the parts auction for 2009 has been canceled.
Show hours are Saturday 9-5 and Sunday 9-3. Admission is $10.00 for 1 day or $15.00 for both.

I have signed up to work the door one day, will be in the Indy Mopar Club booth on Sunday and plan on having my Dart there on display

my340.jpg

My Dart.jpg

I will be there selling parts with The Tri State Mopar club.We are leaving friday to set up.Hope to see everyone there.

I purchased an Indy small block stroker long l block, and built the engine to my specs, when it was finally running ,I failed the cam and lifters ,failed due to low zink in the oil, at least that is what indy told me, run time was about five hours total, had a local engine shop rebuild the engine and install a new cam, same grind number, flat tappet solid Comp Cam, this time I decided to dyno first, and in 22 minutes took out the cam again, using high zink oil this time, found the valve springs wrong for the cam, way too much pressure over 510 lbs at installed height, Comp said this will take the cam out very quickly, also inner springs jammed into outers cannot disslodge without hammer and drift?, Indy response is we dont make mistakes! as far as I am concerned at a total of 5 hours and 22 minutes run time I should not have to install a third camshaft and lifters as well as a third rebuild, Indy should cover this failure 100%, with no questions, but they are trying to weasel out of it, last time I buy anything INDY, they are decieptful, and do not stand behind the product, and talk about attitude , wow they sure have lots of it,

Lone wolf, they have some great products but as you said they think they are perfect, I've been down that road with them also. Dirt bags will be dirt bags (Ken Lazzeri and Russ Flagle.) In time, their arrogance will bite them in the butt. They need extensive training in customer service. Word of mouth is the best advertizing, if you know what I mean. There is alot of quality engine builders that appreciate the business, Indy certainly isn't one of them. They will NEVER get as much as a penny out of me again​

-
Back