-
Status
Not open for further replies.

waguy

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
This is a clean 4bbl intake off of a Marine 318. I don't know much about the differences between the standard version and this one. The part number is #2659284 and it has "MARINE" cast into it as well. $100 shipped to your door. (PP add $50

mopar 005.jpg

mopar 006.jpg

mopar 007.jpg

mopar 008.jpg

The difference is the pad that the carb mounts on is angled so when the motor sits in the boat at the angle needed to hook up the prop shaft the carb is somewhat level. I had a 28 ft 1964 Pembrook cabin cruiser with a 340 marine in it. Still have the service manuals from MOPAR for the 318 and 340 marine motors

I figured that the distributor rotation/firing order would be reverse. Never would have guessed that the carb level would change.

The rotation may or may not change depending on if it is a twin screw or single screw set up.The carb couldn't function when the motor is in the angle that it is installed under heavy throttle when the boat is planing off. The float level would be so far off that it wouldn't run because when the boat planes off the back( stern) sinks into the water and the bow rises out pretty far and that is pretty much the normal operating condition when you are underway .The manifold I had was very different from the car manifold in that area for this reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back