Marker Light Ground

-

GoldSwinger71

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just a quick sanity check.

71 Dart Swinger marker lights only have one wire running to them for positive. The ground is from the body of the marker light assembly to the fender, correct?

I have a few marker lights not working and it's not a bulb issue. I know they did a little re-spray work in the trunk after fixing minor rust, so I assume it might be paint insulating the body of the marker light from the ground of the fender?

Thanks!

Daniel

Grounding location for trunk side markers are to the left of the trunk latch inside the trunk.

If its only got one wire then it uses the chassis ground through the fender. Its best to run a dedicated wire back to the frame, inner fender or radiator support. This will help eliminate future ground problems that will drive you crazy.

Ya grounds will drive ya nuts I ran a ground from bat all the way to the trunk with leads all along it ie rad support fender wells, firewall ,dash, and trunk fixed all my lite problems

So quick update, fixed the problem! They wrapped the striping tape into the opening for the light fixture, and caused it to insulate from the body. LED light bulb installed and working! Thanks again for the info

-
Back