massive reconfiguration time again.

-
Color! color!! Color!!! What color do we paint the engine bay??? Heavy metallic GOLD!! ?

I go back and forth about this paint thing with my son. Of course my son wants to paint it sassy grass green like the 72 we had back in the day. I kind of like it the way it is with that post-apocalyptic kind of grunge 70s custom vib LOL I mean the car is perfectly straight it doesn't have any Bondo and no rust to talk about even when I pulled the front windshield out not a dime no where, just original green paint. Underneath the windshield wiper area there is a little bit of surface rust but I'm going to clean that up for sure.
You know it's got a couple dings here and there nothing that a body man wouldn't fall on the ground slapping his knee laughing about. but like the other day when I kind of Nick Bang Bang the Jack against the front corner I mean if it had a paint job like stroked340's I'd like totally would have lost my mind but as is LOL no biggie. What my problem is if I had that nice of a paint job I die of stress thinking it was going to get scratched and when it did I would lose it LOL yeah I kind of like my car the way it is, I mean it's totally straight I'm happy with it.

Kmart rattle can makes an easy touch up should a boo boo accure.... LOL

You're a goat head! LOL just get that Heap running and post a time slip would you for christ sakes everybody's tired of it.
And for the record yes I know what a goat's head is and that's why I posted what I did because I can't believe that a little itty bitty goats head is your "reason" LOL

I've been driving my roach. Just noticed the goat head.

I can post 12.4X time slips from 2006 with a stock 340 with headers and intake and a cam that was waaaaaaaaay too small. Would that help??

No that's fine. A twelve-year-old timeslips not going to do us any good now. And this is exactly why I would like to see a recent time slip because one your cars for lack of better words rusty and so are you LOL

I've been driving my roach. Just noticed the goat head.

I can post 12.4X time slips from 2006 with a stock 340 with headers and intake and a cam that was waaaaaaaaay too small. Would that help??

Okay being over 6 foot and well over 200 pounds is not ideal for trying to cut this roll bar out and by the way it's reminding me the whole time of what a complete nightmare it was to weld it in a couple of years ago LOL. it's giving me a good wrestling match today but I think I may have a light at the end of the tunnel here I'll check back this evening. Of course it would have been done 2 days ago if I could just cut it off above the welds but then that would leave 2 days of grinding which I don't want to do.

Jpar 1- roll bar 0. :mob:
My wife and I devised a way to lift the front of the car with the motor hoist and get it rolled out into the driveway to get some cleaning done. :usflag:She's an army veteran and going to be a trooper tomorrow lol and help me get this dang thing cleaned up! :thumbsup:
also liberated the floorboard of that automatic....ally panel :mad:

Nothing $30 in Sawzall blades and cutting/grinding wheels can't handle...
20171110_143225.jpg
20171110_162927.jpg

30% chance of rain ? SOME BEACH !!!!!
I finally get this thing to a point where I can pick it out and clean it and pick the best day of the week supposedly....
20171111_115733.jpg

sure looks like you are scrapping the scrapper. but I guess you really are. man you are energetic.

30% chance of rain ? SOME BEACH !!!!!
I finally get this thing to a point where I can pick it out and clean it and pick the best day of the week supposedly....
View attachment 1715109739

Lucky you. I'm home now so the rain should stop over there now. Never fails. It pisses constantly while I'm there. Don't miss that crap at all.

BTW...I thought your car was a factory stick car. I can't tell if it was since the floor is cut out. If it was...you Amy want to weld in a new hump. Factory sticks are rare.

Factory stick LOL no! It's a slant 6 auto AC car. Virtually worthless in its original trim.

Lucky you. I'm home now so the rain should stop over there now. Never fails. It pisses constantly while I'm there. Don't miss that crap at all.

BTW...I thought your car was a factory stick car. I can't tell if it was since the floor is cut out. If it was...you Amy want to weld in a new hump. Factory sticks are rare.

Paint? Paint ! PAINT!!! Dam it!!! What color black in the fenders? I guess I'm going to try and stay with the mint green but the green on the dash seems darker. I want to paint the dash black as I'm making the interior black and don't know exactly what Sheen. Where am I going to get mint green paint to paint the motor conpartment and other stuff? Aerosol cans? Wait a minute, first things last what about primer and the rust inhibitor kind of primer? And why the hell does my paint code say it's supposed to be brown and it's green?

Someone in my cars past history blacked out the engine compartment. It's kind of a day 2 thing, and since I'm old and lazy, when I had the engine out I just cleaned it up and left it black.

If you want a day 2 thing, black that bugger out. If you want it OE, engine color.

You and YR need to get your facts straight? I'm either energetic says you or on weed says YR so what is it?! :poke:
:thumbsup:

Weed motivates some people. Say for example, body and paint guys. A 3 finger bag of weed and a fifth of jack and stuff gets done.

I was going to say but I'm not a body and paint guy but on the other hand I think today I am LOL looks like I'm going to have to come get some weed and a fifth so I can get something done around here !LOL now seriously folks I need some help....

Weed motivates some people. Say for example, body and paint guys. A 3 finger bag of weed and a fifth of jack and stuff gets done.

Well I'm totally stuck at what I have here? Maybe I'll just grab the wife and we'll go down to Bi-Mart and find a good color paint and start painting the damn thing.
20171112_113332.jpg
20171111_221051.jpg

Well I can see things are getting Individualize to different parts of the build back to street or stock appearance and feel. I'll just continue this on individual threads because there's too many none drag strip things that I need to get worked out. I'll try and check back into this thread when I have the reconfiguration reconfigured...
and... posting Time Slips?.. current ones, like most of us do..

-
Back