massive reconfiguration time again.

-
fixed it re read
How about this Rabbit Hole ? LOL..
The Carter on the back I believe is a 625cfm. I've been using all the specs metering rods and jets for the 1406 Edelbrock 600 CFM.... Are the two battling each other or is it Carter so massively out that I'll never get anything right LOL... Rabbit Hole Maximus...

IMG_20190715_091002.jpg
IMG_20190715_090954.jpg
IMG_20190715_091008.jpg
IMG_20190715_091017.jpg

FYI, the Edelbrock technical advice support wasn't even worth the call...

Mismatched carbs is not a good idea but, as lone as there not maxed out....(1225 cfm..don't think so LOL)They may flow the same. A 1050 dominator will only flow 600 if that's all the eng wants..............................
How Ever they may want different jet size.......only 25 cfm different....Probably not.

Mismatched carbs is not a good idea but, as lone as there not maxed out....(1225 cfm..don't think so LOL)They may flow the same. A 1050 dominator will only flow 600 if that's all the eng wants..............................
How Ever they may want different jet size.......only 25 cfm different....Probably not.
= Rabbit Hole...

Also now what? LOL.. :drama:
Get a new plug to replace #3 while the rest are still new.
Go back one rod size.
Test.
Probably bring timing back to 34.
Test.
I'm not 100% sold on the hotter plug but maybe that's worth a try...

K
i'm running 12.8: compression, and don't have 200 pound of compression(thin high altutude air) and have to run racing fuel.
do you thing the detonation marks on your plugs are when you don't get the mix right?
also is there more pepper(spark plugs) on the back 4 cyl or the front 4 cyls??

Also if your mechanical advance chart is correct. For the street i would slow down the advance curve.
Remember the best chance to get destination is at max torque. Highes cyl pressure.
still get all the avance in, just a little later.

Tried it. Can't. Have to use at least a 25% mixture of 110 Sunoco with the 92 non+ethanol so it will turn off....
You my have to step up to the little mini start. if your stock one craps out.

Are your sure your timing mark is 100% TDC
If something happen to the mark or the ring slip on the harmonic balancer. you could be putting more timing in then you think.

o2 sensor is a great tool but don't get set on a number. what the eng like, the eng likes, and that's what you should shoot for.....when you get it all sorted out.

Example you may need a richer then purfice afr at idle because of the exhaust gas reversion. what the eng like is what the eng wants.
Nice to see somebody else that lets the engine decide..... It's completely how I tune, whether it be timing, carburation, etc.....
:thumbsup:

Are your sure your timing mark is 100% TDC
If something happen to the mark or the ring slip on the harmonic balancer. you could be putting more timing in then you think.
Nope I haven't verified. New Scat crank, new Chinese balancer LOL...
Let me play with it the next time and see where it kicks back..

If I get that kind of money I'll likely get dual quad nitrous and just blow this thing to the moon and we won't have to worry about it....
yeah... LOL.. you've been wanting a 360 magnum anyways.... Put it on drugs till it has a heart attack!

All the the 11-12 second passes and never seen plus that lean...
You had more cam, less cylinder pressure.... 2 factors. When a major change to an engine like these occur, the car must be re-tuned. Ask YR :D

You had more cam, less cylinder pressure.... 2 factors. When a major change to an engine like these occur, the car must be re-tuned. Ask YR :D
First off you know why you got your disagree. I really would like help tuning for sure I don't want to turn it into one of those Fiasco's please.. (let it go)
Of course I have to retune the car that's why I immediately pulled 2 degrees of timing and started jetting for a 14-7 at idle. This was my first real experience at a cruise setting for an extended period of time. Now I know I must probably go with a happy medium and Jet a little richer at idle and see how that affects my cruise? And I pulled even another 2 degrees of timing out of it tuning. Which I would like to put back in?

First off you know why you got your disagree. I really would like help tuning for sure I don't want to turn it into one of those Fiasco's please.. (let it go)
Of course I have to retune the car that's why I immediately pulled 2 degrees of timing and started jetting for a 14-7 at idle. This was my first real experience at a cruise setting for an extended period of time. Now I know I must probably go with a happy medium and Jet a little richer at idle and see how that affects my cruise? And I pulled even another 2 degrees of timing out of it tuning. Which I would like to put back in?
Sorry.... Hav'n a little fun just a Jaba at you.... LOL :D

Sorry.... Hav'n a little fun just a Jaba at you.... LOL :D
I know people tell me to let it go and I know it's on the tip of people's tongue to poke and get it started. But honestly I don't need a recommendation on a great car builder that I won't regret if I spend the money and I don't want to be told my geometry is off on my rockers and I don't want to know how to twist my left turnbuckle to get my car to launch correctly and I don't want file the left ventricle tube to get more Horizonal gravitation...
I want to tune my car and get it running to the best of my ability or everybody's ability.... LOL

I know i guy that is switching out twin matched Holleys when his new motor gets finished......

:poke:
The front Edelbrock came with the car and the 318. The rear carburetor was given to me by a Chevy guy as scrap metal. The carbs haven't given me any trouble whatsoever. They've responded to everything that I've done to them. I just need to give them the right information! Lol

I know you like what you know.

The cavemen liked two sticks to make fire. They knew how that worked. I prefer my lighter.

:lol::poke:

I wish you were down the street from me. I let you try my "new" custom 660s.

-
Back