-
Status
Not open for further replies.

LIME TWIST DART

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a 4 bolt to 2 bolt aluminum master cylinder adapter. Putting a Wilwood master on a 69 Dart. I know I can get them new, but thought I would see if someone has one lying around first. Something like the one pictured. Drilled where it attaches to fire wall, not studded. Studs are existing in Firewall.
Thanks,

Attachments

• $_35.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 299
what size bore is the Wilwood M/C? Believe it or not...Auto Zone sells a new M/C for an 89/90 dodge pick up 4x4 which has the 1 and 1/8" bore size for under $25 dollars. It also comes with the plastic top assembly! Now it is cast not aluminum but, a great deal for less $$$ I bought two of them last week and laughed about it. Just though you might want to check it out...after all that is what this web site is all about...sharing right???

Attachments

• best machine 434 engine.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 303
The thing is, I'm a picky SOB. Lol. It's gotta be aluminum not steel. Also, I want a radius on the outside corners and raw without any finish on it. I don't currently have, do to the lack of space for more tools, the means to fab one myself. I found a few places to get them. I just sent out a few emails to see if some of the guys can tweak their product for me. I'm also a cheap SOB. Being picky and cheap requires a lot of patience. I just wanted to see if someone here had one lying around that I could get on the cheap and make minor changes to if necessary. I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks for the responses and suggestions.

I could make you exactly what you wanted , but then you said cheap . LOL !!

I found one guy that wants $29.99 + ship. I'm checking to see if he can radius the corners for me. Another guy has, or had, exactly what I'm looking for at $39.99 + ship. I'm trying to find out if he is still making them. I think both $ are reasonable. Some places sell them for $50 to over $100.

So I know you probably want one as soon as possible but i currently have some CNC machines that are not running at full potential right now and im trying to gather some ideas on things to make.I think this would be a good one to make for our fellow members.I'm also trying to come up with some billet aluminum parts too for our cars.I think i can make one of these for Under $30 Ill keep ya posted.

Here's the one I got from doctordiff1 off Ebag...35 bucks weight 7oz.

Attachments

• DSCF2626 (Copy).jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 239
  • DSCF2627 (Copy).jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 242
what size bore is the Wilwood M/C? Believe it or not...Auto Zone sells a new M/C for an 89/90 dodge pick up 4x4 which has the 1 and 1/8" bore size for under $25 dollars. It also comes with the plastic top assembly! Now it is cast not aluminum but, a great deal for less $$$ I bought two of them last week and laughed about it. Just though you might want to check it out...after all that is what this web site is all about...sharing right???
I got one from a Car Quest store here where I live, and it was aluminum.The one I ordered for my wifes car just last year came, and it was cast steel.....so maybe they both exist ,but its a crap shoot.
Andrew/Kidd

So I know you probably want one as soon as possible but i currently have some CNC machines that are not running at full potential right now and im trying to gather some ideas on things to make.I think this would be a good one to make for our fellow members.I'm also trying to come up with some billet aluminum parts too for our cars.I think i can make one of these for Under $30 Ill keep ya posted.

Here's the one I got from doctordiff1 off Ebag...35 bucks weight 7oz.

I talked to Dr. Diff today and here is the deal. I am installing a Wilwood master. This requires a bore in the adapter of about 1.78. His current adapter is setup at 1.5 for the master cylinders that he sells. The AREngineering ones, sold through a couple retail outlets, are bored large enough for the Wilwoods, but I just learned that adapter is not quite tall enough to cover the original hole in the firewall of A-bodies. This is at least one of the reasons he is currently making his own that are a little taller. Dr. Diff says he gets enough enquiries for the adapters to justify making a run of them with the larger bore. Says he will do it on the next order within 1 to 2 months. Thats about the max I'm willing to wait. His price is $35. His studs are stainless as well.

Also, I still want it in bare aluminum and it seems most places including Mopar Performance, AR Engineering and Dr. Diff are only offering theirs in black powder coat. I know I can remove it, not that big of a deal. AR's and Dr. Diff's are made from aluminum. I'm getting conflicting info on the Mopar Performance one. It's listed as steel with Summit, but I had the Jegs rep pull one off the shelf and said he's convinced its aluminum.

I prefer the over all design of the AR and Dr. ones. Nice radius on corners and not just a flat piece of stock. Although, the standoff is probably not necessary and adds to the cost. Looks nice though.

If an adapter were produced in unfinished aluminum with the correct height, width, bore for wilwood master and stainless studs/fasteners for $30; you would have the best product with the best price. At least for my needs.LOL

Attachments

• mc-adapter.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 230
  • $_35.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 224

got a part number ?

Will this one work for ya? I made it 15 years ago and went back to the iron master.
1/2" thick aluminum with beveled edge. 20.00

Attachments

• IMG_20140417_203352_973-1.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_20140417_203402_221-1.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 246
So i guess i would want to make sure that i made a bunch that would work and suit all needs of the buyers.I would hate to make them and not work for potential buyers.
I was thinking an overall length of 4.25" and width of 2.75" and a thickness of .375".
Would guys want a flat one or the fancy stepped looking one?
I would keep them bare 6061-T6 aluminum or possibly do some in Black Anodized if guys would want them.
I would also want to know the biggest center hole needed I thought 1-5/8 but (Lime Twist Dart )you mentioned 1-7/8. Would this bigger dia affect using a smaller?

Jason

So i guess i would want to make sure that i made a bunch that would work and suit all needs of the buyers.I would hate to make them and not work for potential buyers.
I was thinking an overall length of 4.25" and width of 2.75" and a thickness of .375".
Would guys want a flat one or the fancy stepped looking one?
I would keep them bare 6061-T6 aluminum or possibly do some in Black Anodized if guys would want them.
I would also want to know the biggest center hole needed I thought 1-5/8 but (Lime Twist Dart )you mentioned 1-7/8. Would this bigger dia affect using a smaller?

Jason

Not sure if overbore for all sizes is an issue. I would think the 2 factors would be: 1)That the weight of master should be supported by the bolts and not how tight the master fits into the bore,(the bolts should hold it centered). 2) That the large bore still leaves enough surface contact for the flange of the master on a smaller bore master. I don't think the later is an issue. If the bolt patterns are the same, and they are, I think the flanges are about the same. Make a big one up and test fit a small one to it. That bigger bore of 1.78 is for a wilwood. The funny thing is, Wilwood has every damn dimension for their masters online except for this one. I put calipers on mine. 1.77 to 1.79. Seemed steady at 1.78 though.

4 1/4" wide
3 1/8" height
1 3/4" bore
3/8-16 threaded master mounting holes (qty 2)
1/2" thick
3/8" un threaded Plate mounting holes (qty 4)

Thanks for taking the time to get the dimensions. Unfortunately, I need a bigger diameter on the bore.

Are the dr diff ones 3/8 or 5/16 threaded mounting holes?
Wilwood master cylinders have a .420 dia opening and some of the "chrysler stlye" plastic reservoir types have a .34 dia hole.
What size should i make or should i do both?
Any other members interested in one of these?

Are the dr diff ones 3/8 or 5/16 threaded mounting holes?
Wilwood master cylinders have a .420 dia opening and some of the "chrysler stlye" plastic reservoir types have a .34 dia hole.
What size should i make or should i do both?
Any other members interested in one of these?
Just measured the one I got Dr.Diff. Threaded holes are 5/16.

Just realized that I attempted to start a similar thread a couple months ago. There were no responses, but in that post I see that my measurement for the Wilwood bore should be 1.48. In this thread my measurement shows 1.78. Also, I previously emailed Dr. Diff and they said their bore was 1.45 but when I talk to him on the phone the other day he measured his adapter and said it was 1.5. It looks like some measurement verification needs to be done. I'm away for a few days. I will call Wilwood on monday and triple check my measurement at home wednesday. I think the discrepancies in my measurements, 1.48 and 1.78 might
be do to the fact that the diameter is bigger immediately as it projects beyond the flange, for just a hair, then steps down. Maybe its my calipers. however, I wouldn't expect them to be that far off. You can see the slight step down on the side profile. Might need to zoom in a bit.

Attachments

• 260-9439-BK_dwg-lg.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 159
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back