Status
Not open for further replies.

slant six

Do More With Less
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Contact seller
Hello, Looking for the Clip that Screws into the rear of the Master Cylinder and Retains the Piston in the bore.

Prolly most any Single pot or Double Pot Cast Iron MC will do, from say '62-'76 With Drum Brakes or KH Calipers. The Ma MoPar Master cylinders I believe had an internal Retention clip.

Picture of my MC for reference... clip that is needed is missing.
52571761616_515f01f378_c.jpg

The "clip" that just uses one screw to hold it on, is just a shipping retainer. When the master cylinder is installed, you need to transfer the 2 bolt retainer from to old cyl to the new one. The correct retainer has a (sort of) flange that locates the push rod return spring. I'm not sure if I have any, but I'll take a look

The "clip" that just uses one screw to hold it on, is just a shipping retainer. When the master cylinder is installed, you need to transfer the 2 bolt retainer from to old cyl to the new one. The correct retainer has a (sort of) flange that locates the push rod return spring. I'm not sure if I have any, but I'll take a look
Thanks Charrlie. Much appreciated!

The tab is just a shipping clip, the boot retainer is what does the work once installed.
img_2850-jpg.jpg

Alan

Picture above shows the stop and boot
FYI: Part you are requesting is called a "stop" 1828 389
Then the "boot" 1828 388 goes on the stop and on the push rod.
Spring 2260 710 goes over the boot between the stop and the seat on the push rod
The seat 2260 709 clips into the groove on the pushrod
Part numbers are from the 65 parts book manual brakes

Last edited:
If you haven't found the parts, yet, I have the stop and boot. I found a MC repair kit that has these parts, so I bought it. If you still need them, contact me.

One kit is Neihoff K46377 for 65-66 Chrys/dodge/Ply
One is Neihoff K39142 for 60-66 "A" body
The kits are different, but both have the stop that bolts to the MC, and the boot. The pushrods are different, and I didn't check to see if the pistons, and/or valves are the same or different.

If you haven't found the parts, yet, I have the stop and boot. I found a MC repair kit that has these parts, so I bought it. If you still need them, contact me.
Hi Charrlie, I found one.

I will keep you in mind if I need another.

Cheers!

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back