Master Cylinder Question(s) For the experts

-

nodemon

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So, here is my M.C. setup as pulled off car. I purchased a gasket set but it only included a foam gasket. From the looks of things, there are TWO foam gaskets needed.. One against the M.C....then the plastic ridged piece that the rubber boot attaches to, then another foam gasket against the firewall...??
Also, is the round, rubber seal that seats in the M.C. available, cause I can't seem to find one.. And, is the plastic ridged piece available..?

20231013_114013~4.jpg

Last edited:
I think the green arrow and the 2 yellows on the right were all 1 piece and is just ripped in 3. The piece that goes on the rod usually comes with the new master.

I would tend to agree...........
I think the green arrow and the 2 yellows on the right were all 1 piece and is just ripped in 3. The piece that goes on the rod usually comes with the new master.

I say get at all apart and cleaned up. Take new photos and post them

I think the green arrow and the 2 yellows on the right were all 1 piece and is just ripped in 3.
I'm not feeling it.

The bellows fits over the outside of the lip on the "plastic seal" and the bellows looks to be in great shape. Not sure what the rubber seal is, nothing that I know of in the master cylinder would be there or be able to get there.

if you're not fussy most of those gaskets can be made out many materials and work fine. Just
get a pen and a pair of scissors.

I'm not sure, but I don't think that's the same thing..

View attachment 1716153512

Nope, that’s not the same thing. Based on your description I thought you were talking about the rubber keeper that holds the push rod in the MC.

That’s just part of an old boot that went over the push rod. Looks like the rubber boot was changed or replaced at some point and they left part of the previous one behind

You can take an appropriately sized piece of vacuum hose for the pushrod retainer, worked for me.

-
Back